Mea Culpa, I was wrong.

RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

OK, so if he'd stuck to saying playoffs as the aim, you wouldn't have criticised him for lacking ambtition?.

Of course you would

I for one am not criticising Rowetts lack of ambition ,just the fact he doesnt seem to know his ar$e from his elbow about which players to play and how to play them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Yesterday you were criticising the lack of cover for Winnall, but today you wouldn’t have signed Jerome. Maybe he was the only available striker.

Or maybe he's the only one that would come here? Although he wouldn't come in summer for some reason.

7 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

You criticised the transfer window, so I wanted to know how you’d have done different.

Yesterday you were criticising the lack of cover for Winnall, but today you wouldn’t have signed Jerome. Maybe he was the only available striker. He’s also been promoted a few times, so really not the donkey some posters are making him out to be.

David Jones has been promoted a few times, would he be a good signing as well?

i can only judge players on what I have seen, and C.J. has not been a striker that has performed well for Derby, or are you saying he has given our recent results?

As for your other part, I would have signed the lad from Newcastle who went to Fulham instead of you are pushing for an answer.

gets a thumbs down from me for having written in latin. that being said, anything that brings attention to the fact that Jacob Rees Mogg had to apologise publicly for lying on television. Nice one Roy. no point in sacking Rowett now, lets see if he can turn it round. But if you sell ost of your best players and replace them with players that arnt good enough, well, your going to be looking for a new job. If he manages to see out this particularly sticky patch, then i imagine he'll be a better manager for it. I know i dont want to go up this season though, becasue we are a million miles away from being able to compete in the premiership, and i dont fancy getting bent over ever weekend. been there done that. it was no fun, despite our cheering. it hurt. bigger fish in a smaller pond, is better for me football wise. he got rid of martin, bryson, hughes, ince, russell, thats going to take a while to recover from. but lets not forget, he also got rid of butterfield so, every cloud and that.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or maybe he's the only one that would come here? Although he wouldn't come in summer for some reason.

He's a Colmans mustard fiend, and uses so much of it he has to collect it direct from the factory.

Once they moved production to Burton, coming here was a no brainer.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Probably didn't help that they were slaughtered by the Red Dogs...

You are probably right that this shifted the level of expectation among our fans, but on closer examination of QPR's results they appear to be generally very good at home and cr@p away so in the cold light of day a point there is not a disastrous result.

3 hours ago, eddie said:

I just find it so difficult to raise any sort of enthusiasm now, to the point that I have only gone half a dozen times this season and not once since the turn of the new year. I let my season ticket lapse at the end of last season (my first one was in 1966), but I had every intention of starting to go again once I (and the missus) turned 65.

Well, we have now both passed that magic number - but even the attraction of cheaper tickets can't shake me out of my torpor. Perhaps I will feel different when the weather is warmer - but at the moment the only thing I am looking forward to is the start of the cricket season.

I can't even raise a "Rowett out" - I just don't care any more.

I rarely agree with you old timer but this is spot on.. Despite our differences, I know you were/are a big Derby fan who's been there and got the t-shirt. How sad is this really. You are not alone, I could count the amount of missed games in seasons past, on one hand. Now, it's easier to count the games I go to and I am getting really picky there. 

Are we reet or what?? We've had a dip in form and RoyMac thinks he's Wilfred Owen! Gary better start producing a bit more positive football and turning these draws into wins or he'll have a few suicides on his conscience!

5 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

With hindsight we should have never gotten rid of Cloughie, if he'd had the kind of money available, that the last few managers have had, we'd be in europe now, not scrattling around in the championship.

Certainly dont think we would be in any different circumstance other than not wasted as much money on crap players unsuited to our style of play.

6 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Are we reet or what?? We've had a dip in form and RoyMac thinks he's Wilfred Owen! Gary better start producing a bit more positive football and turning these draws into wins or he'll have a few suicides on his conscience!

After last nights performance what makes you think he has a conscience?

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I would be very surprised if he's sacked, even if we somehow ended up finishing down near mid table. I get the impression that after all the managerial changes in recent years and still not much/any improvement, he'll try a different approach of sticking by the current one. I just hope that he reminds Rowett we were supposed to be trying to sign younger players who's value will increase, not putting together a team of pensioners

You may be right, but who knows the mind of Mel really!  He seems to be the sort of man who can change his mind quite rapidly.  If we were to slip out of the play-off places, would GR deserve to keep his job any more than some of his predecessors did ?

3 minutes ago, Highgate said:

You may be right, but who knows the mind of Mel really!  He seems to be the sort of man who can change his mind quite rapidly.  If we were to slip out of the play-off places, would GR deserve to keep his job any more than some of his predecessors did ?

If we look at the season as a whole I think he would deserve to keep it, just because compared to previous managers he's had to try and reduce the squad size whereas the previous lot had decent investment into the squad. However, going from 2nd to outside of the play offs would probably warrant at least a discussion about whether he should stay on, mainly because what sort of positives does that leave us with next season? The oldest squad in the league (I think) full of players with promotions, but still they would have somehow mucked up so badly we didn't even make the play offs

It isn't good, we have hit the buffers, we are going to have to really scrap for the play offs. But let's just take a deep breath

1) most of us were hoping for the play offs.Where are we ? 

2) our early season form was poor and there was a lot of negativity from fans about our style of play but then Vydra and Nugent started firing on all cylinders, we were playing attractive counter attacking football. I simply refuse to accept that Mac 1 was on a different level. It wasn't . Mac 1 on a good day was amazing tippy tappy with bombing midfielders, Rowett 1 mid season was skilled cavalier rapiers at speed. I enjoyed both when the sun was shining. 

3) A Mac side could easily have lost 3 games this season that we managed to draw. 

4) Pearson could still be here, or Clement trying to make us play like Arsenal - in the Championship without the caliber of player. Thank heavens they're not.

5) of all the managers since Jim Smith I believe Rowett wants to get it right more than anything. He has Derby written through him. He wouldn't have gone to Newcastle and that's for sure !

We just need to break the cycle .... Next Game ... Sunday.

The team need to sweat blood, Gary needs to engage brain, and we fans need to will them on in person or by shouting a lot at Rammage and Radio Derby.

my only real grumble is that just at the time that Will had finally got the physical strength to be a real "all points" midfield genius he had to go and for modest money at that. That's football, that's life. COYR

3 minutes ago, jono said:

It isn't good, we have hit the buffers, we are going to have to really scrap for the play offs. But let's just take a deep breath

2) our early season form was poor and there was a lot of negativity from fans about our style of play but then Vydra and Nugent started firing on all cylinders, we were playing attractive counter attacking football. I simply refuse to accept that Mac 1 was on a different level. It wasn't . Mac 1 on a good day was amazing tippy tappy with bombing midfielders, Rowett 1 mid season was skilled cavalier rapiers at speed. I enjoyed both when the sun was shining. 

3) A Mac side could easily have lost 3 games this season that we managed to draw. 

4) Pearson could still be here, or Clement trying to make us play like Arsenal - in the Championship without the caliber of player. Thank heavens they're not.

5) of all the managers since Jim Smith I believe Rowett wants to get it right more than anything. He has Derby written through him. He wouldn't have gone to Newcastle and that's for sure !

The team need to sweat blood, Gary needs to engage brain, and we fans need to will them on in person or by shouting a lot at Rammage and Radio Derby.

my only real grumble is that just at the time that Will had finally got the physical strength to be a real "all points" midfield genius he had to go and for modest money at that. That's football, that's life. COYR

Mac1 wasn't on the next level...it was several levels above what we are witnessing now.

In fact this is reminiscent of the end of pearsons tenure with us...chaos.

This isn't sustainable.

1 hour ago, EssendonRam said:

Why are so-called Derby County fans relishing in the team struggling?

Could you point out the posts where fans have actually posted “We’re struggling and I’m relishing/enjoying/getting pleasure/am happy about it” because I have missed them.

I doubt there is one member of this board enjoying seeing us go from second in the table to three points clear of sixth, and my money’s on Boro reducing that even further before too long.

By your logic, to be a “proper” Derby County fan as opposed to a “so called” one, you must have no opinions, believe the guff you are fed by the manager without question and be happy with sluggish performances.

Well, put me, an old fart who saw us lift two championships down as a so called fan then because the man who lead us to the first of those titles would be mortified by the football we’re producing of late and, in my opinion, anyone who defends it or the manager is defending the indefensible.

2 minutes ago, jono said:

1 We ain't in them yet .

2 I like both Vydra and Nuge but folk reckoned we were one dimensional with Martin up front but the goals were spread around due to his style .If Vydras off the boil now we're really knackered '

3 If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

4 Pearson was here from May to October most of it close season how anyone can say he would or would not have succeeded is beyond me.I still think he would have turned it round long term and we would now be in a better position. Clement I agree.

5 Yep he likes Derby what's not to like ?An inexperienced manager  given a go at a top championship club .Never won anything lost two play offs.

Hope you're right on the sentiments .

TobyWanKenobi
3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Jerome struggled to get in the Norwich team....just saying

And now he struggles to get in the Derby team...

Archived