Mea Culpa, I was wrong.

RoyMac5

17 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

And wouldnt some on here love that

And that is part of the problem at the moment. For whatever reason I have never known the views on a manager divide the fanbase to such an extent. I would love to understand why that is the case.

Sad day if anyone takes satisfaction on basis that their view was right and another's wrong in connection with Derby. Healthy discussion and challenge is all good but no need to fall out with each other.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just find it so difficult to raise any sort of enthusiasm now, to the point that I have only gone half a dozen times this season and not once since the turn of the new year. I let my season ticket lapse at the end of last season (my first one was in 1966), but I had every intention of starting to go again once I (and the missus) turned 65.

Well, we have now both passed that magic number - but even the attraction of cheaper tickets can't shake me out of my torpor. Perhaps I will feel different when the weather is warmer - but at the moment the only thing I am looking forward to is the start of the cricket season.

I can't even raise a "Rowett out" - I just don't care any more.

1 minute ago, metalsheep02 said:

And that is part of the problem at the moment. For whatever reason I have never known the views on a manager divide the fanbase to such an extent. I would love to understand why that is the case.

Sad day if anyone takes satisfaction on basis that their view was right and another's wrong in connection with Derby. Healthy discussion and challenge is all good but no need to fall out with each other.

We all want what is best for the club. We all have ideas on how football should be played and what really matters. We all have views on where the club is currently headed. We ain't never gonna agree. #shrugs

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We all want what is best for the club. We all have ideas on how football should be played and what really matters. We all have views on where the club is currently headed. We ain't never gonna agree. #shrugs

Well lets hope you get to do another thread like this confirming you was wrong if we get promoted :)

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was wrong about Rowett. I really believed he would do as he talked. I was looking forward to seeing a tight knit squad with some young hungry talented players fighting for promotion.

I no longer believe all the guff that came out of Rowetts mouth. He sounded great, gonna play different ways depending on the opposition, want young hungry players, etc etc

I realised he's ALL talk. That is why he has to go, not that he's got rid of Hughes, Ince, Martin and Bryson.

I was wrong to believe him. :( 

In fairness, you've been hiding it really well that you ever did.

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, Davide said:

I meant more form wise. The form is relegation level stuff and the collapse is as bad or worse as other years. 

Well in current form over 10 games which is a better measure than 6 we are 13th in the table.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Totally agree.

49 minutes ago, cannable said:

In fairness to him, Mel’s stayed that if we don’t go up this season we might have to “bring it back a bit” because our spending isn’t sustainable.

Perhaps Rowett thought; “**** it, let’s have one big go at it this season”

Bloody shame he didnt have one big go at it then.

He monumentally messed up in January.

PistoldPete2
45 minutes ago, cannable said:

In fairness to him, Mel’s stayed that if we don’t go up this season we might have to “bring it back a bit” because our spending isn’t sustainable.

Perhaps Rowett thought; “**** it, let’s have one big go at it this season”

When has Mel said this? As has been said many times this season weve sold Hughes, Ince, Christie and Russell and loaned out dozens of players.  That's about £18 million coming in. Going out about £11.5 million, so £8 million profit, plus all the loan fees we get. How exactly is that spending not sustainable.

Bent and Shackell will be gone at end of season maybe Baird as well. I would expect a few more out, but a lot coming in.

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

When has Mel said this? As has been said many times this season weve sold Hughes, Ince, Christie and Russell and loaned out dozens of players.  That's about £18 million coming in. Going out about £11.5 million, so £8 million profit, plus all the loan fees we get. How exactly is that spending not sustainable.

Bent and Shackell will be gone at end of season maybe Baird as well. I would expect a few more out, but a lot coming in.

Supporter’s Charter Meeting before last I think?

59 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

because we are in the top 6 not the bottom 6 is the only explanation

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So more than 60% of fans expected Top 6. Not low then.

And at present, those expectations are being met, yet still the anti-Rowett brigade whinge and whine.

Yes I was there last night and it wasn't pretty but we came away with a point which is more than Wolves or Cardiff could manage there.

Let's keep some perspective, please.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Didn't we have a similar run last season? We are not in danger of relegation this season?

Also - we had a worse run under SM when we dropped from 1st to 8th, not sure we ever faced relegation the following season?

Different manager, different team completely different circumstances.  If we can’t stop the rot now why would next season be any different?

5 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

And at present, those expectations are being met, yet still the anti-Rowett brigade whinge and whine.

Yes I was there last night and it wasn't pretty but we came away with a point which is more than Wolves or Cardiff could manage there.

Let's keep some perspective, please.

Probably didn't help that they were slaughtered by the Red Dogs...

Sith Happens
Just now, AdamRam said:

Different manager, different team completely different circumstances.  If we can’t stop the rot now why would next season be any different?

Still proves that you cannot say because we have a poor run thats going to keep going. We started poorly this season then went on a great run.

Jim Smiths team had a shocking start then suddenly went on a 20 game unbeaten run.

You can bend any set if stats to demonstrate a fact, the key form fact is we are 5th so nowhere near a relegation scrap. Do you think Cardiff fans were saying they would get relegated when they had their poor run of form?

You dont believe we will improve and thats fine, I do, but neither of us will know until the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Still proves that you cannot say because we have a poor run thats going to keep going. We started poorly this season then went on a great run.

Jim Smiths team had a shocking start then suddenly went on a 20 game unbeaten run.

You can bend any set if stats to demonstrate a fact, the key form fact is we are 5th so nowhere near a relegation scrap. Do you think Cardiff fans were saying they would get relegated when they had their poor run of form?

You dont believe we will improve and thats fine, I do, but neither of us will know until the end of the season.

We won’t indeed, and hopefully I am proved wrong.  Would you say though that is we fall out the play offs that GR has failed, given we were 5 points clear of third before the transfer window ****?

7 points from 21 at this stage of the season is a very disappointing return. Worrying signs of apathy and declining hope and interest amongst posts. Wonder how/where the following would place us in relation to competitors - Mr Soriano (MCFC) says he was influenced by the work of sports academic Stefan Szymanski, which showed that the best predictor of a club’s success was the wage bill of its playing squad. Source; Financial Times 8th December 2017 Murad Ahmed Manchester City and the ‘Disneyfication’ of football

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

We won’t indeed, and hopefully I am proved wrong.  Would you say though that is we fall out the play offs that GR has failed, given we were 5 points clear of third before the transfer window ****?

I dont think its as clear cut as that, personally i wouldnt want to start using words like failed until next season.

Archived