Mea Culpa, I was wrong.

RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

To avoid singling any one individual out for the criticism eh ?...apart from @RoyMac5  ? 

I think we’re done here. 

Come on now Pearl... I think him starting yet another thread which no one can deny is rather 'look at me' is singling RoyMac5 out for criticism. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

You just don't know when to stop, do you @RoyMac5? Now you're suggesting that Rowett has broken his word? Which particular word was that? We both know that he didn't promise automatic promotion, or even a playoff place. Only a fool would set that as his pass mark for his first season, given the issues he inherited.

But those issues, including the possibility that we're uncomfortably close to FFP, are just a smokescreen in your view, aren't they? As if the prospect of breaching FFP wasn't any a greater issue than any other things the club might want a smokescreen to cover up. :lol:

You were, however, gloating in the OP because you believe that our recent underperformance - and slide from second to fifth - gave some credence to your over-the-top criticisms of Rowett. It doesn't. It just means that you're gloating at Rowett's position looking less certain (hopefully only on a superficial level); ergo, you're gloating at our drop off in performance which has caused it.

I was going to simply ignore your rather rude and intemperate response @Pearl Ram but neither turning the other cheek nor patience have ever been my strongest character traits.

Pray tell, in regard to which word do you believe I confused the singular and the plural? I assume that I must've referred to "so-called Derby County fans". Without for a moment conceding that there might not be other posts that might fit the bill, did it not occur to you that there might be another reason not to use the singular? To avoid singling any one individual out for the criticism for instance?

Now that we've established that your suggestion that one of us has no idea of the difference between the singular and the plural is utterly devoid of foundation, let's turn our attention to which words of mine caused you to reference the proverbial pot and the proverbial kettle?

I'd suggest the only reason you've taken so much offence to an innocent - and wry - remark is because you believe that I questioned Roy's loyalty to Derby? In my view, you can only draw that conclusion if you dismiss the relish with which he sought to use our current travails to burnish his rather strident (and often contradictory) criticisms of Gary Rowett.

None of us are enjoying the present situation.

Some of us have tried to be open-minded about the degree of difficulty of the task Rowett inherited.

And some of us only have a very limited timeframe in which we'll be able to remember Derby's permanent return to the Premiership...so we may well feel more keenly than most how wasteful the last four seasons have been.

I have got to ask but if FPP is a major issue how could spending £1.5 million possibly be considered a wise move?

13 hours ago, metalsheep02 said:

I have got to ask but if FPP is a major issue how could spending £1.5 million possibly be considered a wise move?

If that's on Jerome, did we spend it or throw it away? Jury's out?

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Even if he's as good as......(I dare not mention his name) and he isnt, then it's still £1.5 million we didn't need to spend as jerome has ended up in pretty much the same position in the side(isolated)

Kash, he isn't as good as him IMO

Archived