Mea Culpa, I was wrong.

RoyMac5

I was wrong about Rowett. I really believed he would do as he talked. I was looking forward to seeing a tight knit squad with some young hungry talented players fighting for promotion.

I no longer believe all the guff that came out of Rowetts mouth. He sounded great, gonna play different ways depending on the opposition, want young hungry players, etc etc

I realised he's ALL talk. That is why he has to go, not that he's got rid of Hughes, Ince, Martin and Bryson.

I was wrong to believe him. :( 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness to him, Mel’s stayed that if we don’t go up this season we might have to “bring it back a bit” because our spending isn’t sustainable.

Perhaps Rowett thought; “**** it, let’s have one big go at it this season”

Sith Happens
Just now, Bwash_Ram said:

With hindsight we should have never gotten rid of Cloughie, if he'd had the kind of money available, that the last few managers have had,

we'd be in europe now, not scrattling around in the championship.

You mean Brian?

The aim should be playoffs. We are almost in crisis but it’s not just Rowett’s fault. The players have to play with more desire. Rowett can’t legislate for Jerome diving to win penalties or Keogh jogging back against Leeds or Johnson falling over against QPR or Nugent missing chances. 

I do think we didn’t invest properly in January, we don’t seem to be able to control midfield. Two defensive midfielders is negative and unnecessary so I do agree Rowett can be blamed for this situation. 

Hughes Ince and Martin are all big losses though and we haven’t replaced them well. 

At the beginning of the season expectation was low hence the midtable most expected from this season. we all knew a lot of our ageing players would be out of contract at the end of the season and then the manager would have all summer to buy his type of player and integrate the under 23 s that were ready for first team action. Unfortunately all that has mostly happened is we have replaced the ageing players with more ageing players and will be in the same position come the start of next season as we were at the start of this. Minus Hughesy.

Sith Happens
Just now, Davide said:

The aim should be playoffs. We are almost in crisis but it’s not just Rowett’s fault. The players have to play with more desire. Rowett can’t legislate for Jerome diving to win penalties or Keogh jogging back against Leeds or Johnson falling over against QPR or Nugent missing chances. 

I do think we didn’t invest properly in January, we don’t seem to be able to control midfield. Two defensive midfielders is negative and unnecessary so I do agree Rowett can be blamed for this situation. 

Hughes Ince and Martin are all big losses though and we haven’t replaced them well. 

I dont think we are, crisis would be danger of being relegated.

Sith Happens
Just now, AdamRam said:

True, based upon our performances recently, that’s next season that we can look forward to that ?

Didn't we have a similar run last season? We are not in danger of relegation this season?

Also - we had a worse run under SM when we dropped from 1st to 8th, not sure we ever faced relegation the following season?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Premier ram said:

And wouldnt some on here love that

You mean the outward outrage at getting beat but secretly inside doing a little fist pump so they can say 'i told you so'?

It's like GR pressed the self destruct button in the last window. After a terrible start playing turgid football, he seemed to have found a formula of grinding out results with what he had at his disposal. Things looked promising, but then instead of improving on what he had, he weakened the team and started tinkering with it. He's to blame. But I also reserve blame on MM who got us in this mess in the first place from hiring and firing managers to a non existent transfer policy.

Get back to what we know this season and hope for the play offs, and hope to god we can actually conduct better transfers this summer. We cant go into next season with Huddelstone, Ledley, Jeroem, Fozzy, Johnson, Butterfield, Nugent. Add to that 2 new wingers. The whole squad needs an overhaul after the overhaul.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So more than 60% of fans expected Top 6. Not low then.

I just meant in my opinion people were hoping for good season but if the season panned out as a season of change and a mid table finish most people would be happy with this and ready to kick on next season. Of course this may still happen.

Just now, superzak said:

I just meant in my opinion people were hoping for good season but if the season panned out as a season of change and a mid table finish most people would be happy with this and ready to kick on next season. Of course this may still happen.

I said ages ago that fans would be happy with Rowett and his style of play while we were winning. If we're not winning what else is there? There doesn't seem to be much base to build on for next season. So I don't think fans will be happy with mid-table.

Archived