Queen’s Park Rangers F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Massively disappointing, but not at all surprising.

We've simply ran out of ideas, we're short on confidence and we don't have the character to pull us through. It's important to note that character does not always equate to age, either. 

I think we're at the point now where we have to look at last season's 9th place finish and hope we have enough about us to finish higher this season. It's not what we were hoping for, but it's progress. We've got 10 games to get more than six points - easily done. 

Unfortunately, the grumbles have started. If we lose to Forest on Sunday, I actually think there will be genuine calls for Rowett's head. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me, but no doubt true all the same. 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

The signs were there earlier in the season. 

Off the top of my head, Sunderland, Brentford, Fulham, Hull, all draws where we seemed to settle for the point rather than risking going for 3. 

Most of the teams pushing for promotion have gone to those teams and won. That draw at Sunderland looks terrible now. 

Not with our current form

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Ridiculous thing to reply with.

Its only bloody football.

Why be so desperate to make the play offs and go up when we are so ill prepared. If you can't cope with a draw v qpr then i hate to think how you'll cope with a regular stuffing home and away.

I have a few questions for the Rowett fans .....

a do you enjoy watching our style of play and tactics ?

b do you think we are better since GR has arrived ?

c if we don't go up but manage to hit second next season do you think GR would do any better in the same position and if so how and why? 

d considering GR said we'd go for young hungry players do you think our ageing squad on contracts will get us up next season....?

please don't throw the FFP card into it ..... tbh I've actually had enough of this turgid negative football ...i can't think of any side that's got out of this league playing in such a way...we are not brum or Burton !!! ?

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

What-ho lads and lasses - just been celebrating my first week of paid employment in 2 years ........I've read the thread - is there really nothing positive we can say?

Congratulations do you.

Well, on the plus side, I managed to sell my old car this evening after a couple of weeks of junk offers from shady geezers. So there's that.

We're not going up, never mind, we're not going down or bust. You don't have to listen to radio Derby, settle in for a tense weekend v the dogs then start wondering if it'll be our year next year.

We need to stick with Rowett in my view, simple. Give it time, it's a slump and we always sack the manager rather than digging out of it.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Why be so desperate to make the play offs and go up when we are so ill prepared. If you can't cope with a draw v qpr then i hate to think how you'll cope with a regular stuffing home and away.

There’s a difference between “not coping” and being concerned about the club you support. What’s the point of supporting a team if your emotions don’t reflect the fortunes of the side?

Comparing that to horrible illnesses is a weird & unnecessary thing to do.

49 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If Gary blames the players again or repeats "the reality is" in this interview one more time I'm turning to drink.

In fact,I'm turning to drink.

And then another.

"If I'm being honest"........"the reality is".........kash don't turn to drink.....enjoy the drink!......and then another!

My main concern is that we went with experience to stop this very thing happening. The club as a whole seems to get taken under the spell of this New Year gradual slide down the table. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. This isn't a relegation scrap, we don't need to desperately defend a 1 goal lead. I don't want GR sacked but he has to start getting some positivity back. We are so desperate to not lose, to not fall out the play offs that panic stations have been reached. Fans wouldn't be as despondent if we showed attacking intent, a desire to impose our game. I am losing interest.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I agree.

It's all well and good getting into the play-offs, but we then face the possibility of coming up against Villa, Fulham or Middlesbrough. It's very similar to the time under McClaren where we dropped out of the play-offs on the last day despite needing a point. It was frustrating, but we got done 3-0 by a team with nothing to play for at home. If we had drawn or won that game, we'd have finished fifth and played Boro in the semi final. They would have made a mockery of us in that state. 

If we're going to collapse, I'd personally rather finish 7th than in the play-offs to be humiliated. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, on the plus side, I managed to sell my old car this evening after a couple of weeks of junk offers from shady geezers. So there's that.

We're not going up, never mind, we're not going down or bust. You don't have to listen to radio Derby, settle in for a tense weekend v the dogs then start wondering if it'll be our year next year.

We need to stick with Rowett in my view, simple. Give it time, it's a slump and we always sack the manager rather than digging out of it.

Yep - pointless changing everything all over again, it will also be a lot harder next season as the relagated teams from the premiership will not be the basket cases that Sunderland and hull have been

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

My main concern is that we went with experience to stop this very thing happening. The club as a whole seems to get taken under the spell of this New Year gradual slide down the table. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. This isn't a relegation scrap, we don't need to desperately defend a 1 goal lead. I don't want GR sacked but he has to start getting some positivity back. We are so desperate to not lose, to not fall out the play offs that panic stations have been reached. Fans wouldn't be as despondent if we showed attacking intent, a desire to impose our game. I am losing interest.

I thought we had showed attacking intent recently? 

Leeds- played very well according to most on here

Reading - we were pretty good 

Fulham- lost but could easily have been a draw 

Qpr - bah

19 minutes ago, "Like ya say" said:

I don’t care what anyone says our fans are the worst supporting fans as in actually supporting the team positively. We turn up in numbers and sing our hearts out but we are so negative all the time and have no belief in any manager any player and any board member we’ll start to lose faith in Rammie next. I wouldn’t be surprised if us ,fans, are having a negative influence on the team and club. Some of us fans need to get a grip and realise we’re having a good season so therefore need to support the team and get behind them UP THE RAMS!! IN ROWET WE TRUST!!!!!!

Not sure who this ROWET guy is but happy to give him a go if he signs a midfielder that can go past a man and a left back

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

There’s a difference between “not coping” and being concerned about the club you support. What’s the point of supporting a team if your emotions don’t reflect the fortunes of the side.

We're all concerned.....well.....maybe i'm not actually.

Maybe i'm just not that bothered. There's nothing we can do. It's done. Take it on the chin. Move on.

review after forest.

20 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Massively disappointing, but not at all surprising.

We've simply ran out of ideas, we're short on confidence and we don't have the character to pull us through. It's important to note that character does not always equate to age, either. 

I think we're at the point now where we have to look at last season's 9th place finish and hope we have enough about us to finish higher this season. It's not what we were hoping for, but it's progress. We've got 10 games to get more than six points - easily done. 

Unfortunately, the grumbles have started. If we lose to Forest on Sunday, I actually think there will be genuine calls for Rowett's head. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me, but no doubt true all the same. 

Must be some statistical achievement - against all the odds- for a succession of managers to assemble different squads of players. .......who ALL fall apart post Christmas. 

Blimey as a statistician I'm shaking my head :lol:

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I agree.

It's all well and good getting into the play-offs, but we then face the possibility of coming up against Villa, Fulham or Middlesbrough. It's very similar to the time under McClaren where we dropped out of the play-offs on the last day despite needing a point. It was frustrating, but we got done 3-0 by a team with nothing to play for at home. If we had drawn or won that game, we'd have finished fifth and played Boro in the semi final. They would have made a mockery of us in that state. 

If we're going to collapse, I'd personally rather finish 7th than in the play-offs to be humiliated. 

I was thinking of the regular stuffing in the Prem rather than the play-offs.

Archived