Queen’s Park Rangers F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

2 minutes ago, joooools said:

When you see that lack of desire on the pitch, you can only conclude that the players aren't being told to change what they're doing. Where is tactic B and C ? Same performances over and over. Someone (GR) needs to be screaming at the guys and correcting things NOW!

Yeah,cos that's what motivates me at work.....some loon shouting at me because I've no idea what he wants us to do and his ideas don't make sense....generally most people respond well to that,they certainly don't get a birthday card off me.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

11000 at the game last night, I. Thought QPR were bigger than that! Even though we were terrible we should have won it. 

Have been found out in midfield? We win little 2nd ball and that stops our attacking and give the opponent a chance to attack. 

Absolutely smack on...time after time after time versus Fulham they picked up the lose ball in midfield and re-cycled it out wide. Picking up the 2nd phase ball is critical to us playing the "coiled cobra" form of attack. 

Carson 7 - made an important save last minute to ensure a point 

fozzy 4- poor again 

Davies - 6 average 

Keogh -6 average 

wisdom- 6 average 

huddlestone- 5 didn't know he was playing 

Johnson- 5 same as Huddlestone, might as well not of had a midfield

Palmer- 6 brilliant assist, tried 

weimann-  6 well taken goal, tried 

nugent - 5 no service at all for him. 

Subs 

Jerome 5 offered nothing 

Vydra n/a no time to get into it 

great run of form going into playing them, Huddlestone doubt,  ledley and Thorne both out...

Just watched the highlights and GR's Post Match interview, and I thought we looked OK, just a couple of errors, small margins etc.

Get behind them and stay ONSIDE.

"You are my Derby, my only Derby, you keep me happy when skies are grey, you'll never notice, how much I love you, until you take my Derby away"......

Just imagine if we didn't have a Derby County Football Club.......then you lot might have something serious to moan about!

Enjoy YOUR Derby County Football Club, in the past, in the present, in the future.........

GREAT Derby County Football Supporters stay GREAT, no matter what division, what score, what team, what country, whatever......

Get in to em!.........You what, you what, you what, you what, you what?......

6 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

11000 at the game last night, I. Thought QPR were bigger than that! Even though we were terrible we should have won it. 

Have been found out in midfield? We win little 2nd ball and that stops our attacking and give the opponent a chance to attack. 

I predicted 12k max. I know a lot of QPR supporters and work with loads.. To be fair to the mungrels, they are just a beaten bunch. The vast majority have no interest in going to the match now. They still meet up every game and have a few beers together but have just cut out the match part.. Makes a lot if sense really. Keep the social part and not the pain. They have Fulham in a couple of weeks, loads of them are up for it and cant wait. Not the match, just the beers in Hammersmith. 

I mentioned in an earlier post about the 2nd ball. We did not compete for any yesterday, shambles. 

Cant be arsed to read all the other pages, so apologies if already covered, but a couple of things really griped me yesterday.

Desire - How many times did we see Lawrence get beaten in a foot race for a 50/50 ball? He had no interest in getting there really. Wisdom, does not want the ball either. It flows through the team at the moment, turn your back and pretend you are doing something else. Anything but give me the ball. They seem absolutely terrified of it. 

Quality - What has happened to the ability to pass 5 yards? Simple basic football stuff as deserted us. Huddlestone, looking up, seeing a pass but then plays it directly to the opposition. Thorne has been doing this on a regular basis as well. Lawrence is absolutely none (quality) at the moment. His decision making is shocking as is his execution. I am all for giving players a chance but is there any light at the end of that tunnel. 

Are those things that GR can address on the pitch? Some, yes with selection and subs but it is hard to drop 9 and impossible to bring 8 subs on. He must be pulling his hair out. 

Really not looking forward to Sunday at the moment.. 09:00 train from St Pancras all booked but I need to see more desire at least from this bunch. I have bitten my tongue for most of this season but Sunday will be a tipping point for me. Losing is okay but don't wimper out and that's what we are doing at the moment.

B4 gets a lot of stick but maybe he should go into that dressing room and let this lot know what it means to us fans... 

Despite my criticism of him, and his tactics and ‘player appreciation’, I now feel genuinely sorry for GR. Because, as now seems likely, he may well go down in Derby County history as the manager who sold or loaned out our best, most skilful players, brought in inferior ones, pursued a policy based on ageing old pros, in preference to youthful, enthusiastic younger players, and employed safety first, unadventurous tactics, whilst ignoring the glaringly obvious flaws in his outdated tactical philosophy ..

Resulting in reaching second place via temporary over achieving by the turn of the year, and then running into the inevitable ‘brick wall’ when his negative tactics are rumbled by the opposition, possibly costing us (even) a place in the playoffs ! 

Granted, something similar happened when Billy Davies’ ‘Emperor’s New Clothes’ were revealed as a conjuring trick gone badly wrong, but Gary Rowett’s ‘dream job’ could now haunt him for the rest of his career, and I wouldn’t really take pleasure in wishing that on anyone, the only exception to my feelings towards him being his (apparent) original stated intention to play young, hungry, talented footballers in a flexible system, and then ‘treating us’ to the exact opposite of that; for this he maybe does not deserve anyone’s sympathy !

You didn't mention that Nugent was irritatingly offside twice when promising breaks were building. As an experienced pro, is he still incapable of looking along the line? They weren't mistimed runs, he was just standing in an offside position when the ball was passed to him on both occasions.

28 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I predicted 12k max. I know a lot of QPR supporters and work with loads.. To be fair to the mungrels, they are just a beaten bunch. The vast majority have no interest in going to the match now. They still meet up every game and have a few beers together but have just cut out the match part.. Makes a lot if sense really. Keep the social part and not the pain. They have Fulham in a couple of weeks, loads of them are up for it and cant wait. Not the match, just the beers in Hammersmith. 

I mentioned in an earlier post about the 2nd ball. We did not compete for any yesterday, shambles. 

Cant be arsed to read all the other pages, so apologies if already covered, but a couple of things really griped me yesterday.

Desire - How many times did we see Lawrence get beaten in a foot race for a 50/50 ball? He had no interest in getting there really. Wisdom, does not want the ball either. It flows through the team at the moment, turn your back and pretend you are doing something else. Anything but give me the ball. They seem absolutely terrified of it. 

Quality - What has happened to the ability to pass 5 yards? Simple basic football stuff as deserted us. Huddlestone, looking up, seeing a pass but then plays it directly to the opposition. Thorne has been doing this on a regular basis as well. Lawrence is absolutely none (quality) at the moment. His decision making is shocking as is his execution. I am all for giving players a chance but is there any light at the end of that tunnel. 

Are those things that GR can address on the pitch? Some, yes with selection and subs but it is hard to drop 9 and impossible to bring 8 subs on. He must be pulling his hair out. 

Really not looking forward to Sunday at the moment.. 09:00 train from St Pancras all booked but I need to see more desire at least from this bunch. I have bitten my tongue for most of this season but Sunday will be a tipping point for me. Losing is okay but don't wimper out and that's what we are doing at the moment.

B4 gets a lot of stick but maybe he should go into that dressing room and let this lot know what it means to us fans... 

As long as it's not the stick the fella in the blue shirt and shorts has at the end of this video!!!

Chin up @Angry Ram things could be a lot worse, at least your not a unhappy hammer or stuck down a mill with the wall or a miserable spiv with the blues!

Up The Rams...........

And of course, you could always join the rejects, and get yourself killed :blink:

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Actually not a bad idea...maybe the players are a little battle weary and need a bit of new inspiration and B4 actually inspired me to go to 2 away games this year that I wouldn't otherwise have gone too...

The game seemed to be a summary of our season so far. A shaky start, then a good bit before the end of the first half with an amazing piece of skill from Palmer leading to Weimann's goal. Second half we looked very nervous and couldn't string two passes together, and the QPR equaliser had an air of inevitability about it. Came away disappointed but not surprised. An away point isn't bad in itself though if the context of where we were in the table and are in the season is ignored.

I was immensely glad for Keogh that the move at the end of the game where he lost the ball and ended up floundering on the floor, with Carson then thankfully saving the shot, didn't up as the match winner for QPR. If it had gone in I had visions of him taking to a wheelchair with blanket over his knees, never uttering another word again due to shell shock.

Archived