Queen’s Park Rangers F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

44 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

VW Bora (MK4 golf with a saloon body), got £550 for it, considering she'd done 200k miles I was ok with that. I'll miss the heated seats though. I loved the bum warmers.

What reg?

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I cannot see an obvious personnel alternative to our midfield. 

So the only option to change is tactical or coaching of roles. 

My confidence in any major shift is very low at present. 

I think we can play Palmer in midfield with vydra in the hole. Rowett seems to regard them as alternatives but we can play them both I think. If vydra gets knackered which he will the way he chases the ball, we can play nuge and jerome together as well , which is something else Rowett doesn't ever do. 

Not read the whole thread yet so apologies if this has been mentioned.

What the you know what is Rowett doing on the training field ? It’s almost like he gives them the whole time off between games and has a brief word before sending them out.

There is no cohesion, no pattern, no all for one and one for all. Sacking him would be daft after all, doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of madness isn’t it ?

But he should definitely be called in and asked some pertinent questions. Mind you, he’s so full of himself, he could talk his way out of anything, Mel would probably end up apologising to him. 

19 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Not read the whole thread yet so apologies if this has been mentioned.

What the you know what is Rowett doing on the training field ? It’s almost like he gives them the whole time off between games and has a brief word before sending them out.

There is no cohesion, no pattern, no all for one and one for all. Sacking him would be daft after all, doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of madness isn’t it ?

But he should definitely be called in and asked some pertinent questions. Mind you, he’s so full of himself, he could talk his way out of anything, Mel would probably end up apologising to him. 

Look, I like GR but he's a talker; highly verbally intelligent and able to "argue" his way very well but there is a chasm between his words and his actions. Whilst results speak for themselves, we can put up with the dross on the field. I detect that perhaps the players have lost a little bit of faith in the "blue print"...maybe the loss of certain squad members {Johnny R, Chris M, Benty} has dented the social dynamic a tad and a little bit of the character has been lost; and so results are poor by comparison. That said, we have only lost a couple of games in the last dozen or so. The "acid test" will be Sunday...anything less than a full-bloodied, "life and limb" battle with every player showing 110% will be a sure sign...but at the moment, whilst other teams like Fulham and Boro {Bamford is hitting form just at the right time with 7 goals in 4 games} we look like we have our coats on and are about to leave the party with early-onset hangover...Both Palmer and Vydra have to start for me on Sunday...we need THudd to be the stopper and Palmer to feed the forward momentum. If we let Dogs onto us, they will have a ball...:mellow:

26 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Look, I like GR but he's a talker; highly verbally intelligent and able to "argue" his way very well but there is a chasm between his words and his actions. Whilst results speak for themselves, we can put up with the dross on the field. I detect that perhaps the players have lost a little bit of faith in the "blue print"...maybe the loss of certain squad members {Johnny R, Chris M, Benty} has dented the social dynamic a tad and a little bit of the character has been lost; and so results are poor by comparison. That said, we have only lost a couple of games in the last dozen or so. The "acid test" will be Sunday...anything less than a full-bloodied, "life and limb" battle with every player showing 110% will be a sure sign...but at the moment, whilst other teams like Fulham and Boro {Bamford is hitting form just at the right time with 7 goals in 4 games} we look like we have our coats on and are about to leave the party with early-onset hangover...Both Palmer and Vydra have to start for me on Sunday...we need THudd to be the stopper and Palmer to feed the forward momentum. If we let Dogs onto us, they will have a ball...:mellow:

I would like to know how any player can give 110%

6 hours ago, nfb said:

Just back,1st, that was the quietest ive heard  our fans in ages, only chirped up when we scored(and what a great goal,Palmer, wow) for while, but truth was nothing much to cheer about, we played as we have been, fairly solid at the back etc but here's my problem, with no 'proper' midfield teams can do what qpr did and others have done most of the season, which is dominate play. Our stats in many games prove that, and we play a different style of football, 'Nigel pearsons fester style' if u wish, and we have had some success, but that style needs confidence and direction to work, and we just dont have it of late, we were slow to break, the precision passes wernt either for the main. I have to say for me most of the team played ok, Weiman and Palmer stood out for good reasons, Lawrence for bad ones, what does he offer ? talk about blowing hot and cold and tonite apart from a couple of petulant fowls, a decent free kick and a few decent touches he was anonymous for the main part and with the style of play we have adopted he just cant afford to be anonymous, we soak it up and break with purpose.... or as tonite showed us we dont.

Play offs are there if GR can find an answer to the problem which i see as midfield. We have defensive midfielders and we have deep lying attackers like Weiman/Palmer but nothing much to link them

I would have loved to have seen the petulant fowls. 

Great name for a band.

11000 at the game last night, I. Thought QPR were bigger than that! Even though we were terrible we should have won it. 

Have been found out in midfield? We win little 2nd ball and that stops our attacking and give the opponent a chance to attack. 

I’m normally quite chilled out but I was appalled by what I saw last night. 

Maybe because we were higher up so could see the play unfold, but tactically we we’re completely inept.

No width at all, desperate to get rid of the ball at the earliest opportunity, no defined patterns of play, pedestrian in midfield and and all just long ball, League 1 standard football. 

There’s a couple of players in that team that I simply do not want to see play for Derby at the moment, their attitude or input is just terrible. 

We had Carson to thank again for saving us a point, Palmer for being the only human in a Derby shirt capable of actually playing decent football and two centre halves did well heading lots and lots of balls.

I don’t care whether it’s another game we haven’t lost, we were spineless and pathetic against a lousy team who we managed to concede so much space and so much of the ball to. They deserved a draw and should have won it in injury time when their striker was clean through.

if we turn up like this on Sunday Forest will take us to the cleaners.

There was precious little quality on show from either side last night and I think the ball was probably suffering from altitude sickness.

We should keep in mind though that we have taken more points off QPR this season than either Wolves or Cardiff could manage.

Anyway, now it is time to look forward to Sunday. Let's have lots of passion, desire and belief both from the players and us fans.

10 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Bradley is *****. Hard to think of another player that cares less than him. 

I don't think it's anything to do with him caring or not, he's just not a very smart footballer. If you use him like Norwich did, as a battering ram and just let him run around and cause the other team problems, he's fine. If you play him in a possession focused system (like Clement did), or in a position that requires discipline and reading the game (as Rowett did last night), then he's going to get found out.

17 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I don't think it's anything to do with him caring or not, he's just not a very smart footballer. If you use him like Norwich did, as a battering ram and just let him run around and cause the other team problems, he's fine. If you play him in a possession focused system (like Clement did), or in a position that requires discipline and reading the game (as Rowett did last night), then he's going to get found out.

I just get a "meh" off of him. Apart from Forest games, I'll give him that. He always gets up for them. 

When you see that lack of desire on the pitch, you can only conclude that the players aren't being told to change what they're doing. Where is tactic B and C ? Same performances over and over. Someone (GR) needs to be screaming at the guys and correcting things NOW!

Archived