Queen’s Park Rangers F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Give your impatient head a shake. Every year this happens and every yewr we sack the boss. Has anyone who wants Rowett gone stopped to consider that doing the same thing over and over again might be contributing to the problem?

He's made our style of play 10x worse. I could swallow it whilst the argument of it being ''pragmatic, winning football'' was relevant, now what has he got going for us? We look shocking. We've got some bloody good footballers, and Rowett has them hoofing it. 

Give your impatient head a shake. Every year this happens and every yewr we sack the boss. Has anyone who wants Rowett gone stopped to consider that doing the same thing over and over again might be contributing to the problem?

It does, but if we're going to double down and back a manager long term, I'd prefer it was with one that had the team playing a bit more positively.

Trouble is Rowett chose to downgrade the football quality to ensure we got results by being tough to beat, now we appear to be easier to beat (or at least easier to score against) but the quality of football is still dire....he has created an old team generally to try and give us some nouse and grit but that also appears to be failing spectacularly (again in recent games).

We’ll never progress into a team that’s consistent all season until we stop sacking the manager. Regardless of what you think of Rowett, we absolutely need the stability.

He’s a safe pair of hands who’ll get us into the play-off’s and Mel knows that. He said going nowhere.

But you have to admit you’re making excuses, Rowett’s had a terrible couple of months.

6 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Did anyone think we'd make the playoffs.... I certainly didn't! Rowetts been a victim of his own success. Some on here have had a bump on the head! 

With the team at his disposal at the start of the season it was the least I would have expected.  Watching us all season and after the January transfer window debacle, no I don’t anymore no, unfortunately a lot of that is down to the lack of confidence I have in Rowett more than anything.

This sitting back lark is doing my ******* head in!!!! Keep the ball......dictate the game ...qpr are ***** and they have 19 shots !!!! I actually think we'd be embarrassing in the play offs if we make it....I know this is beer fuelled and fresh after a pitiful performance....but I thought we looked clueless !!!! There goal was calamitous ???

Another dismal performance against a side that as been themselves really poor lately,You cannot defend all night in this division and hope you get a lucky break now and then,QPR had 21 attempts tonite thats about as much as they have about musted all season

The game on Sunday now fills me with dread,lose that and there will be head hunters on this forum

The signs were there earlier in the season. 

Off the top of my head, Sunderland, Brentford, Fulham, Hull, all draws where we seemed to settle for the point rather than risking going for 3. 

Most of the teams pushing for promotion have gone to those teams and won. That draw at Sunderland looks terrible now. 

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

We’ll never progress into a team that’s consistent all season until we stop sacking the manager. Regardless of what you think of Rowett, we absolutely need the stability.

He’s a safe pair of hands who’ll get us into the play-off’s and Mel knows that. He said going nowhere.

But you have to admit you’re making excuses, Rowett’s had a terrible couple of months.

I've made no excuses. The results and performances haven't been good enough but going around the same loop again is unlikely to solve the problem.

PistoldPete2

FFS this is desperate. Its heading for a worse meltdown than 2015-16 and this time we cant even use the excuse of injuries.

Too many old players past their sell by date, the very opposite of what Rowett promised.  If we dont make the play offs then its time for a clear out big time.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Where were we in the league when Clement was sacked? I honestly can't remember but, it's difficult to be "much higher" than 5th. 

Get a grip anyone suggesting Gary should or will get sacked even if we do lose at Forest. 

But the thought of another season of this dour, defensive, cautious,risk averse, joyless, limited style of football ........  there will be a job going at Burton in league 1 , where this type of play might be acceptable.

If you play conservative and defend for 90% of the game you are more likely to make a defensive error. There are no breaks and concentration levels have to be maintained for longer.

Increase attacking possession and pressure on the other side and you reduce the time spent defending, the strain on your defence and chances of making an error.

That is basic logic - no footballing knowledge required. 

Archived