Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Andicis said:

Yes, they may be like for like, but different people can beat different players, people can be having off days etc, it can make a change, even if they're similar players. But shoving them on at 80 minutes is useless.

I concur. Palmer should have started for me.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

it what is epected of us. by the fans, the outside....and that trickles down into the mentality of the players and so forth and so on

Expectation can't be the reason. These are professional players, most of which have played at a much higher level than we're currently at, for bigger clubs than Derby. There's going to be expectation at most teams, we can't keep cherry picking those who can't handle it surely?

On Sky Sports they were discussing the booing at Bournemouth and how their fans' expectation has grown out of proportion. They're not sliding, they're still competing. This isn't even an exaggeration, we seem to be the worst side for collapsing so catastrophically, so consistently.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

What is the reason behind the slide though? How many players and managers have been involved in the past 3/4 years that these slides have been happening? This is a genuine question because I cannot pick out a reason that explains why we are so bipolar season upon season.

Different reason every season in my opinion. McClaren was decimated by injuries and the recall of Ibe. Clement made some horrendous signings. This season, in my opinion, we were never as good as our position reflected, we've just been fairly fortunate which bred more confidence and positive results. Vydra has been clinical, and Carson has been fantastic but we've lacked fluidity and cohesion all season. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

I blame the all-expenses-paid jolly to the seaside, er, I mean the 'warm weather training' camp.

they never came to the seaside matey, i'd have had them running up and down the beach picking up all the donkey sh-t

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

4 1 3 2 with Vydra and Jerome up front and Palmer in behind? Looks like Gary's been reading the forum!

Says on the text commentary that the sub was due to an injury to Thorne - rather than tactical dice rolling.

But I guess he could have brought on ledley so maybe I'm being harsh. 

For ***** sake Palmer, why do that? You've been tripped, the ref is dealing with it. Don't go shoving players like that.

"Passion from Kasey Palmer, which is what we want to see." Not like that it's not, he's now walking a tightrope.

Archived