Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

I don't know the financial constraints that we have been under, but as alluded to above we seem to have weakened our squad in January rather than strengthening like others have done (Mitrovic and Madine)

Also we were heavily reliant on exceptional form from Carson and Vydra, and we could just have been in a false position.

It's my belief that we are now paying for the mistakes of the previous regimes at the club, maybe as it should be as we have spent big before and not taken those chances.

Play Offs at the start of the season was certainly beyond my expectations.

This, the misses in 2015 under Mac and 2016 under Clement were really bad.

I still expect us to get out of this rut before the end of the season but I don't expect us to win the play offs even if we make them.

I'd stick with Rowett though, we've changed and changed and actually sticking might get us more value over the next couple of seasons.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
26 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

There's 1 hour to go, so we need at least 3 goals realistically. 

Rowett moaning at the officials. Privide some bloody leadership and whip up the players.

Officials have been bad but we need more backbone ... and players who are fit . Bring Thorne and Vydra off.

Just now, cosmic said:

Michael Johnson - “we’ve not played that bad”.

We haven't the problem is any 50/50 ball we lose. Vyds and Weimann stand out with that. We aren't getting any decisions like our off side goal. Fulham are making a meal out of every tackle and go to ground. We ain't getting the rub of the green. 

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

He started ok but last 10 he has dropped. 

Can't help but be critical that we're managing the wrong issues. Scored plenty in last couple of games so why take unnecessary chances with our front players. 

It's in defence we've gone off, and apart from rotating backwards and forwards between pairs of full backs is there anything to suggest that the issues are being worked on? 

watching on the feed as flight got cancelled (which may be a blessing in disguise) 

first goal Fozzy suprised and gave them a finish on a plate

second Wisdom and Keogh chased the same man, and the backheel goes between both of them to leave Sessegnon free.

Lots of positive moments from Derby but Fulham look class and full of confidence. Both Peschisido and Johnson in the studio rightly stressing we need to use Jerome as a runner. 

(and yes in response to previous post - booing at half time, though not much)

PistoldPete2
13 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Currently being in the playoffs is not the same as being on course for the playoffs. Its been a month since we won a game and it doesnt look good today either.

Whilst i understand a certain amount of ugly football is necessary to get promoted Rowett football isnt exactly the most entertaining. Fulham are like a Mclaren team - crap at defending, but great at attacking. If we dont go up i would also prefer Fulham to go up out of any of the other contenders.

I don’t like to think about not finishing  in playoffs that’s the minimum requirement for this squad .

1 minute ago, Pottig said:

How do you get into 2nd playing negative football?

By being extremely fortunate and scoring from the limited chances you create. It was somewhat forgivable when the results were positive, but a mid table finish after a season of dross isn't good enough and the empty seats reflect that.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We're 4th. That's on course for the play-offs... if every team gains the same amount of points as they're currently averaging this season then we'll be on the play-offs. We're on a bad run points wise, what's to say we won't pick up towards the end of the season?

Like I said, if we were 17th then that's a fair enough comment, but the play-offs are completely different to the regular season.

If this was the first time the collapse had happened I would agree with you, but it isn't. Nobody has managed to reverse it any of the last 3 seasons and whilst I am willing to give Rowett a chance to do so I am not convinced that he will be able to stop the slide.

We will be fifth after today unless something miraculous happens, 3 points ahead of Bristol who are battering Wednesday, 5 ahead of Boro and 5 ahead of Shef Utd who have a game in hand. I'd be disappointed if any team below Shef Utd went above us, but I can see all 3 of these finishing above us.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Can't help but be critical that we're managing the wrong issues. Scored plenty in last couple of games so why take unnecessary chances with our front players. 

It's in defence we've gone off, and apart from rotating backwards and forwards between pairs of full backs is there anything to suggest that the issues are being worked on? 

At times they are cutting through our defence like it's butter.

1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

By being extremely fortunate and scoring from the limited chances you create. It was somewhat forgivable when the results were positive, but a mid table finish after a season of dross isn't good enough and the empty seats reflect that.

There was me thinking there's 24 teams in the championship...

The money spent by Paul Clement in particular has been wasted. Our transfer policy under Clement and Pearson was disastrous. Until some of the players can be moved on I think Gary Rowett has a tough task. Johnson and Butterfield have a further year of their contracts, Bent and Baird are out of contract at the end of the season, it looks like Shackell will be on his bike at the end of the season, but we will still be stuck with an ageing squad.

I think we have found our level. A top half side. But we're lost in the top 6. Void of ideas and confidence. A fair few overpaid players. A down grade on Ince has cost us defensively too. For all the stick TI got, he was infinitely better than TL. Jerome is a downgrade on Martin in terms of a back up striker. (Why he is starting is beyond me). 

Thorne I love but he's carrying a stone. Huddlestone can't tackle, and Keogh is useless when players get a run on him. That trilogy of issues leaves us exposed at the back. Ledley played a huge role in that clean sheet run. 

Midfield is creating nothing. That's why vydra is coming deep constantly. 

The issues are massive and there seems to be no ideas on how to fix them. 

I say again, who the **** signed off on the JR sale?! They want sacking. 

Archived