Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Calm down, you all would have died to be in the playoffs at the start of the season, COYRs 

Playoffs seeming somewhat unlikely. A 10th place finish after a season of this negative, boring football is unacceptable with the squad we have.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Strange thing to say as a Derby fan, on a Derby forum, when both teams are on course for the play-offs.

Currently being in the playoffs is not the same as being on course for the playoffs. Its been a month since we won a game and it doesnt look good today either.

Whilst i understand a certain amount of ugly football is necessary to get promoted Rowett football isnt exactly the most entertaining. Fulham are like a Mclaren team - crap at defending, but great at attacking. If we dont go up i would also prefer Fulham to go up out of any of the other contenders.

I don't know the financial constraints that we have been under, but as alluded to above we seem to have weakened our squad in January rather than strengthening like others have done (Mitrovic and Madine)

Also we were heavily reliant on exceptional form from Carson and Vydra, and we could just have been in a false position.

It's my belief that we are now paying for the mistakes of the previous regimes at the club, maybe as it should be as we have spent big before and not taken those chances.

Play Offs at the start of the season was certainly beyond my expectations.

15 minutes ago, toddy said:

We might not even make the play off at this rate!

If it forces a change from Rowett-ball to something better, then it could be worth it.

Just now, GenBr said:

Currently being in the playoffs is not the same as being on course for the playoffs. Its been a month since we won a game and it doesnt look good today either.

Whilst i understand a certain amount of ugly football is necessary to get promoted Rowett football isnt exactly the most entertaining. Fulham are like a Mclaren team - crap at defending, but great at attacking. If we dont go up i would also prefer Fulham to go up out of any of the other contenders.

We're 4th. That's on course for the play-offs... if every team gains the same amount of points as they're currently averaging this season then we'll be on the play-offs. We're on a bad run points wise, what's to say we won't pick up towards the end of the season?

Like I said, if we were 17th then that's a fair enough comment, but the play-offs are completely different to the regular season.

Archived