Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If this was the first time the collapse had happened I would agree with you, but it isn't. Nobody has managed to reverse it any of the last 3 seasons and whilst I am willing to give Rowett a chance to do so I am not convinced that he will be able to stop the slide.

We will be fifth after today unless something miraculous happens, 3 points ahead of Bristol who are battering Wednesday, 5 ahead of Boro and 5 ahead of Shef Utd who have a game in hand. I'd be disappointed if any team below Shef Utd went above us, but I can see all 3 of these finishing above us.

What is the reason behind the slide though? How many players and managers have been involved in the past 3/4 years that these slides have been happening? This is a genuine question because I cannot pick out a reason that explains why we are so bipolar season upon season.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

What happened to the experienced prem quality spine. 

Carson, Davies,  huddlestone,  ledley,  nugent and vydra?  Surely they can't ALL have collapsed in form?

Some of them are knackered.

And I bet Vydra will be off this summer if we don't go up. 

Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

Some of them are knackered.

And I bet Vydra will be off this summer if we don't go up. 

And some fans will try paint it as a good thing, just like they did with Ince. Pretend like he wasn't a team player, and wasn't that good anyway.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

What is the reason behind the slide though? How many players and managers have been involved in the past 3/4 years that these slides have been happening? This is a genuine question because I cannot pick out a reason that explains why we are so bipolar season upon season.

it what is epected of us. by the fans, the outside....and that trickles down into the mentality of the players and so forth and so on

Just now, Kernow said:

I wish I knew. To be honest I think we need a bit of stability - try sticking with a manager for more than half a season and let him actually build something. Rowett's limited by budget at the moment - hopefully next season he will have a bit more flexibility with who he brings in and we can get a better idea of whether he can actually stop this happening again.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why does Rowett refuse to make proactive substitutions.. it's incredibly irritating! Always last minute subs... we need a change!

Because all our substitutions are like-for-like. We don't have any real depth in the squad so all we get when we sub are fresh legs. I agree with you though!

Just now, Pottig said:

Because all our substitutions are like-for-like. We don't have any real depth in the squad so all we get when we sub are fresh legs. I agree with you though!

Yes, they may be like for like, but different people can beat different players, people can be having off days etc, it can make a change, even if they're similar players. But shoving them on at 80 minutes is useless.

Archived