Stadium atmosphere

RiddingsRam

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Awful support. Leeds fans showed what supporting a BIG club should be like.

ALL the Leeds fans shouting where’s your drum gone, for him to respond was pretty funny for them to be honest. No problem with our drummer but they made a point well, if it takes a drum to get the crowd going.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Derby fans are too obsessed with Forest than supporting the team. Many would rather Forest get relegated than Derby get promoted. Until we remove this inferiority complex then we will never progress. Forest will always be the bigger club, so what? They have won 2 European cups, we will never win one in our lifetimes. Who cares? 

So you speak for all Derby fans then? For me, I'd have chuckle if Forest got relegated (same with Leeds) but I'm not desperate to see them relegated. By the way, have you shared your master plan (removing the fans inferiority complex) with GR? 

So is showing your support for your club all about singing or is it about turning up and watching them week in week out, year in year out ?

some pathetic comments in this thread, it’s a football match not f%@#ing X factor !!

as a club from what is a relatively small city some would say town I think that the amount of people we get every year to sign up to watch the perennial bottlers is amazing, 20,000 season after season near enough !

many of which have watched some dross served up over the years but still buy into the notion that one day we will be a top club again.

our support is not **** !

it’s loyal, we may not sing but we never have, that’s why the only song we have is from the 70s.

if you want to sing then sing but don’t expect everyone else to join in with the same old boring songs.

at last we seem to shut up about collymore at last.

our support shows up in numbers and is in it for the long term, takes more than buying a couple of tickets a year to make you the voice of the south stand !

I've read most of this thread, and whilst I understand people wanting to help 'improve' the atmosphere, I think you're doomed to failure.  The atmosphere can't be manufactured, it's an organic thing that will grow or wither of its own accord.

A crowd can very rarely be cajoled into excitement, in fact it's probably counter-productive to try, many (most?) people will actively rebel when told that it's time to clap, cheer or go into an uncontrollable frenzy.

To quote an obnoxious Scotsman, once of this parish, "It is what it is".

41 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

So is showing your support for your club all about singing or is it about turning up and watching them week in week out, year in year out ?

some pathetic comments in this thread, it’s a football match not f%@#ing X factor !!

as a club from what is a relatively small city some would say town I think that the amount of people we get every year to sign up to watch the perennial bottlers is amazing, 20,000 season after season near enough !

many of which have watched some dross served up over the years but still buy into the notion that one day we will be a top club again.

it’s loyal, we may not sing but we never have, that’s why the only song we have is from the 70s.

if you want to sing then sing but don’t expect everyone else to join in with the same old boring songs.

our support shows up in numbers and is in it for the long term, takes more than buying a couple of tickets a year to make you the voice of the south stand !

Post of the day, great job! Everyone is ridiculous in repeatedly hitting out at our fanbase, for the city the size of Derby, it is good! Our fans ARE loyal, just cos we're not happy clapping and always singing, does that make us bad fans? No. The fans on the forum that claim if you've got the audacity to moan you should support another club are, and always will be ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Excellent post.

Those saying that it's good enough for us to turn up because that's what we do are missing one obvious point. 

The players tell us repeatedly that the vocal support matters and makes them perform better - it's not rocket science is it?

After we let in that dreadful second goal last night they had to endure the usual pathetic silent exit. After they'd gone those of us left got right behind the team and we got a deserved equaliser. Now what if all of us had done that in the immediate aftermath of that goal instead of storming off? We would have had longer to push Leeds hard and maybe would have got two goals back.

We don't know, but we'll never know as we don't do it.

Leeds fans played a very important part in pulling them back from 2-0 down at home at the weekend, so it can happen. 

There’s a young lad near me who sits with his mum, they don’t even talk to each other let alone sing. Last night there was a few new faces, non of them even joined in clapping to Steve Bloomer. You’ll never change those kind of people and they are in the majority. It’s getting the ones who like to be vocal to actually be loud that’s the challenge  

40 minutes ago, angieram said:

The players tell us repeatedly that the vocal support matters and makes them perform better - it's not rocket science is it?

It's a bit of a catch 22 though isn't it. If we're not playing well, people probably won't join in, and so therefore we won't help them perform better. 

10 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

You being serious , they were away from home , a big team like that is always going to be noisey away from home . We are . 

I was referring to their support at the weekend against Bristol City. If we were 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go, everyone would leave 

9 hours ago, philmycock said:

Not true, it’s the same actually with them, it’s called a rivalry, get off your high horse

No they don’t care about us. Sure they dislike us but they have their own problems. Derby fans are more concerned with shouting forest are losing and Nottingham, are you watching etc rather than supporting the own team.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

South stand sounded quite quiet from where i was.

It was to be honest. Put to shame by the support from a mid table team. Sang all game, lots of songs. Some very good come backs to our attempt at goading them. We need more vocal support for the rest of the season 

19 minutes ago, Doodle said:

It was to be honest. Put to shame by the support from a mid table team. Sang all game, lots of songs. Some very good come backs to our attempt at goading them. We need more vocal support for the rest of the season 

typical Derby crowd always bottle it when the New Year arrives:ph34r:

Archived