Stadium atmosphere

RiddingsRam

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Yes, Leeds have good support. Remember, they have a large connabation (around a million) and only one football club. If anything, their support should be numberically larger 

Populations....

London – 8,615,246

Birmingham – 1,224,136

Glasgow  – 801,198

Leeds – 761,481

Bristol – 617,280

Liverpool – 552,267

Manchester  – 520,739

Sheffield – 518,090

Edinburgh – 482,005

Cardiff – 447,287

Leicester – 443,760

Stoke-on-Trent – 372,775

Bradford – 349,561

Coventry – 325,949

Nottingham – 315,862

Kingston-upon-Hull – 314,018

Belfast – 295,223

Newcastle-upon-Tyne – 282,442

Sunderland – 275,506

Brighton – 273,369

Derby – 270,468

(Also: Burnley - 81,548 - which makes their support superb!)

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

first season in the PL, highest league in their history no doubt... Even PPS has been amazingly good when we have had big games in the PL.. or dont you remember as fondly as i do?

Except that time they won the league 3 times in a row.... won the cup and were runners up in both about 8 times. Not too shabby.

With bigger crowds than Derby have ever got.

Other than that.... no history.

56 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Except that time they won the league 3 times in a row.... won the cup and were runners up in both about 8 times. Not too shabby.

With bigger crowds than Derby have ever got.

Other than that.... no history.

And we’re going back to 1926 :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, rsmini said:

It was a good idea to move the drummer down to the front of the South Stand as the noise bounced of the roof. But not enough joined in when he tried to get a rythym going. 

Im not moaning but what why didn’t we sing the Dambuster chant and the ‘in your Yorkshire slums’ chant? 

I know a lot left early last night. Many stay in the Concourse after half time and watch the game on the telly. What’s that all about then. I didn’t leave early last night but sometimes I have to leave at 9:30pm as I have to be at work by 10:30pm for the night shift. Involves a 20 minute sprint to my car and a 30 minute drive to work. I have no choice in that. It’s just one of those things. 

Some of us did.

11 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Just seen this posted on football away days from last night !

Bit embarrassing isn’t it ! 

63C814FF-0FBD-4A6A-B332-6411CC84BC44.jpeg

More worrying is the fact they publish lyrics to a song about promotion!

Shows the stupidity at some levels within the club.

Sorry, I’m not sure how to quote another poster...a couple of pages back, unreserved seating is mentioned in the South Stand (and cheaper beer :-)). This is so like minded fans who want to chant and sing get in earlier and congregate in the same area of seating. Great idea, a bit like the terraces used to work...

7 hours ago, philmycock said:

And Forest won 2 European Cups, yippee

I'm referring to Huddersfield where someone was belittling their status saying this season is as good as it gets for them. 

All I highlighted is that they have won more than Derby ever will. They were better than us then and are better than us now.

Like it or not but the majority of clubs will never be as successful as Huddersfield. 

We cant even get out of Div 2...

10 hours ago, rsmini said:

The full picture... It was a Leeds fan who tweeted the bottom half of the picture 

676FCD0B-CF4C-47B0-9FB0-DCEF91D02CBC.jpeg

Its missing the other half of the 'bounce' song

"if you don't f....."

A few points here, apologies if these have been said previously.

• Club to outline their expectations so fans can taper their expectations
  • Music before the game needs turning down
  • That dreadful mashup pre-kick off needs binning off immediately
  • Let a group of fans select the music (get a consistent playlist with a few tracks changing each week)
  • Steve Bloomers Watching needs to go too
  • Really think it's worth giving the clappers a try. ******** to what other fans say / think if it helps us then so what. I’ve been to Leicester a few times this season and it really helps the atmosphere particularly with fans who want to go and just watch the match.
  • Ditch the fireworks / pyro pre-game - it just doesn’t help
  • Lower drink / food price before the game to get more fans in the stadium to help build an atmosphere

Really though, the biggest point for me is the expectation of fans. I think that the club has really been affected by the 13/14 season and as Dave mentioned towards the start of this, that season needs to be labelled as a one-off.

In recent history, consistently competing for the top six is to be classed as a successful period for this club and its strange that fans don't realise this.

It's difficult at times when seeing so called smaller clubs (Burnley, Huddersfield, Bournemouth) competing in the division above but equally, there are clubs in our league with history like ours.

Derby are one of many mid-sized clubs within the English leagues competing for a place in the Premier League, there's no right for us to be there and the level some seem to put us at really hampers the club imo.

Archived