Stadium atmosphere

RiddingsRam

6 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Leeds fans got there team the draw yesterday. 2-0 down in the 65th minute, fans jumping up and down, singing and swinging their scarves. Leeds were dead and buried until that moment the fans decided for whatever reasobn to get behind their team. 

I think stadium atmosphere is a massive factor in football..it's just how the hell do you get the fans behind you when things aren't going your way?

I remember being 3-0 down at Peterborough and the Derby fans being amazing that day and it couldn't of got much worse that day!?!?

Confused.

Question is what got the Leeds fans going. It was impressive! (He says through gritted teeth)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Do we need more flags? How are they helping with creating "noise". Clappers are the way to go, works a treat at Leicester. The one thing the entire stadium can be involved with.

Always plenty of room for flags, the more the merrier!

When Q.P.R. came out on to the pitch at Wembley against us and saw their end it definitely lifted every one connected with their club, and every thing we do visually or noisily in a positive manner can only help lift the players, management, staff and us fans.

Mel, GR and the current Derby County players have commented quite a few times on the need and the requirement of hearing and seeing Derby County Supporters support their team and the effect it has on the players and how it can lift them, to put in that extra effort, either putting us on the front foot early in matches, and staying in a game, and seeing a game out etc etc.

The small margins can end up being the massive factors that push us over that winning line. Sing up and keep it going!

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

I’m in South Stand on the south west side. We always try and join in to keep the atmosphere going. Quick question. Why don’t we sing Steve Bloomers watching during the game? Most fans know the words you might be surprised by how many join in. Don’t jump on me and say it’s not sung because it’s crap!!

The thing that winds me up more than the lack of atmosphere is the people that moan about it whilst doing nothing at all to contribute to it.

I'm in D block in the South stand and there are a few of us that try to get the songs going at every game, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At the Norwich game, we started a song aimed at E block and they came back at us with songs of their own. This carried on for about 15 minutes and we also tried to get G block involved (failed miserably) But At least we give it a go.

People just need to stop being shy or stop thinking it's cool to stand there looking hard in their fake Stone Island.

How does a flag being waved pre match help anyone though? I don't get it. It's a flag; it makes zero noise, it can't be waved throughout the game. They are only able to be waved 5-10 minutes before the game and then they get tossed under the chair.

I remember the Hull 1st leg play off game; we had flags on display, banners, balloons, streamers.. pretty much everything when the players came out. Then 5 minutes into the game it was back to being a morgue again ;)

The club and fans have become so fascinated on South Stand that the rest of the ground has become a soul less morgue, I've said for years that North Stand is the way to go. Young families would probably appreciate their kids being involved with something ie clappers, a drum, streamers etc. But continues to get sod all other than Rammie and his Missus perched on your lap.

I'd like to see that drum taken from SS and into North for a game or two, let them in SS do their thing and see what North can do. Bring afew South Standers in North if needs be.

The atmosphere isn’t great but not much different to most other teams I’ve visited this season ( only missed a couple) I expect Wednesday night to be good, due to large vocal away end. I think it’s the nature of the fan that’s changing. As a fan base we are getting older, as with all clubs. A large % of the younger ones seem to spend more time looking at their phone than the game. A good display on the field and a big away following, such as the villa game go a long way to help. The south stand should be 16 plus and not cheap either. Nothing wrong with wanting a bargain, but let that be the north stand. All respect to the 1884 boys and girls. Flags have a visual impact but sadly not a vocal one. David has a point about the mindset of our fans too. Whilst I’ve not sensed nervousness, I do detect a feeling of disappointment among the crowd as our form has dipped over the past month or so. The last 2 away trips have been quiet too. Not sure if that’s because they were away on cold midweek nights. Or the feel good factor ebbing away as the points have followed suit 

3 hours ago, rsmini said:

I’m in South Stand on the south west side. We always try and join in to keep the atmosphere going. Quick question. Why don’t we sing Steve Bloomers watching during the game? Most fans know the words you might be surprised by how many join in. Don’t jump on me and say it’s not sung because it’s crap!!

Funnily enough, we do sing it quite often at away games. Not sure whether I have heard it at home during the game.

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

'm in D block in the South stand and there are a few of us that try to get the songs going at every game, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At the Norwich game, we started a song aimed at E block and they came back at us with songs of their own. This carried on for about 15 minutes and we also tried to get G block involved (failed miserably) But At least we give it a go

That was a laugh. Well, until it got homophobic...

Is it just not the curse of modern day football? Too many tourists having a "day out" I see it all the time around me, mum, Dad and two kids. Can't find there seat 5 mins into the game (its numbers and letters ffs) turn round and stare at anyone  vocal, that's why the atmosphere is rubbish it's too diluted with people who don't give a ****. Reduce the capacity to 20k shrink the ground and ban match day tickets for anyone who hasn't been in 2 years. There would be a noticeable difference !

Oh and bring back tackling, nothing gets a crowd going more than a crunching tackle !!! I blame Pep and his pansys 

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

It's only homophobic if you've had a sense of humour bypass and take it seriously.

Can't wait for the "ironic" monkey chants then...

For future reference, can you let us know the difference between your humour and bigotry. Just so I know when you're being serious.

Archived