Stadium atmosphere

RiddingsRam

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, McLovin said:

We were praised and rightly so for our non stop singing in THAT season, especially the away fans but we are still living off that period. There is not a lot we can do though. The 1884 team deserve a lot of credit for trying to help the atmosphere but it is all for nothing because our support is rubbish. The supporters are more concerned about Forest than our own team. Now that is an inferiority complex. We are talk about them far more than they talk about us.

Nowt to do with forest, our support recently has just been god awful. To see the ground almost empty when we equalise is shameful 

Sad this is for me, way to alienate other fans..... fully support the guys trying to do something, but use your social media tools better than this. 

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

D4B7EB19-6178-4006-98C8-CFB96DBBC567.jpeg

That's a shame,you didn't say anything inflammatory..why block you for that??

I stayed to the end,as I always do....I can't really understand leaving early to be honest when you have paid so much to watch a game of football and you can miss some really good bits such as yesterday's equaliser and when Russell and Martin scored against reading 

I understand that they might be disappointed by the result of our gameplay(I'm usually a critic of rowett ball) but even so,I feel it's wrong to leave

(I might add that im always blocked in for half an hour after the match and then have 40 minutes travelling to do)

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That's a shame,you didn't say anything inflammatory..why block you for that??

I stayed to the end,as I always do....I can't really understand leaving early to be honest when you have paid so much to watch a game of football and you can miss some really good bits such as yesterday's equaliser and when Russell and Martin scored against reading 

I understand that they might be disappointed by the result of our gameplay(I'm usually a critic of rowett ball) but even so,I feel it's wrong to leave

(I might add that im always blocked in for half an hour after the match and then have 40 minutes travelling to do)

See the photo above I posted, all I said was that 

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

No mention of the rest of the stands. I assume they were rocking?

We were trying! 

Can we have a second drummer in the North Stand please? It will help give a bit of bass volume to our high pitched kids and females! 

(And will really wind up some of the misery-guts who sit round me and never clap once during the whole game, let alone sing.) 

It was a good idea to move the drummer down to the front of the South Stand as the noise bounced of the roof. But not enough joined in when he tried to get a rythym going. 

Im not moaning but what why didn’t we sing the Dambuster chant and the ‘in your Yorkshire slums’ chant? 

I know a lot left early last night. Many stay in the Concourse after half time and watch the game on the telly. What’s that all about then. I didn’t leave early last night but sometimes I have to leave at 9:30pm as I have to be at work by 10:30pm for the night shift. Involves a 20 minute sprint to my car and a 30 minute drive to work. I have no choice in that. It’s just one of those things. 

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I see the South stand is once again singled out for the lack of atmosphere! I'm going to suggest that we all sit quietly at the Fulham game and see what the other 20'000 can do. 

I still have no voice from joining in last night and I’m in the South Stand. The eaststand next to the away fans normally join in more than they did last night. 

45 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Sad this is for me, way to alienate other fans..... fully support the guys trying to do something, but use your social media tools better than this. 

quite right ,the same people criticise all the time just waiting for something to have a go about

7 minutes ago, rsmini said:

I still have no voice from joining in last night and I’m in the South Stand. The eaststand next to the away fans normally join in more than they did last night. 

Do you know, I could really hear those East Standers last night from the North Stand but I was struggling to hear the South Stand at times. It was because Leeds were making such a volume of noise and were in between you and them and between you and me.

I don't think we should turn it into a competition - unless it's a friendly on-pitch one! 

One suggestion in that respect is that when South Stand starts a song they need to keep it going longer. By the time it drifts up to us and we recognise it and join in you've stopped and are thinking about the next one. That's why I like the Dale Cavese chant as it goes around for a few rounds and we can get it going at our end too.

25 minutes ago, rsmini said:

There is a section in the top tier and a few of us in the lower tier who try to get things going in the East stand. 

Some of the problem is from other fans who moan if you stand even to get a better view from those around you never mind when chanting. 

Other problems are being targeted by stewards or police. Because it is easier to spot the odd one or two on our side, we have no end of problems with stewards, cctv man or police telling us to sit, watch the game, and not look at the away fans. 

This really does affect a lot of people into just sitting quietly until there are more people around them getting involved so they join in. 

Sad really. 

14 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

You being serious , they were away from home , a big team like that is always going to be noisey away from home . We are . 

He's right I'm afraid. For the game up at Leeds, we took 800 & were thoroughly outsung until we went 2-1 up. Last night, Leeds (bearing in mind they're outside the top 6) brought 3000 & made a racket throughout

General points - there's a real lack of originality in a lot of our songs, other than SBW & Shaftesbury Street, I can't think of any other songs/chants we have that other clubs don't have a slight variation on. There's also far too much focus on Forest - we have had top class teams at the club & a colourful history so not like we're stuck for material. We should define ourselves by who we are rather than who we are not.

Also Dale Cavese is totally tinpot.

I have been going pps for a while and sit in the north stand. The atmosphere wasnt awful last night and it got better once the stadium was half full ironically.

Leeds always make a good noise same with Sheff Utd. Some do nothing at all like Brentford for example.

The best ever atmosphere i can remember recently was brighton in the playoffs thats was brilliant almost carnival like.

Unless something is on the line like a rivalry or trophy then it is hard for people to gee themselves up. Safe standing may help but it is hard to synthetically create more noise. It has to grow organically. The team takes some responsibility to that but they got plenty of backing in the last 10 mins. Those who stayed anyway. 

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

I see the South stand is once again singled out for the lack of atmosphere! I'm going to suggest that we all sit quietly at the Fulham game and see what the other 20'000 can do. 

It is rubbish though. Most of the folk around me are there for a chat and the cheaper ticket. 

Archived