Stadium atmosphere

RiddingsRam

4 hours ago, Joel said:

In recent history, consistently competing for the top six is to be classed as a successful period for this club and its strange that fans don't realise this.

It's difficult at times when seeing so called smaller clubs (Burnley, Huddersfield, Bournemouth) competing in the division above but equally, there are clubs in our league with history like ours.

Derby are one of many mid-sized clubs within the English leagues competing for a place in the Premier League, there's no right for us to be there and the level some seem to put us at really hampers the club imo.

This ^

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to get our heads together and pick favourite songs and belt em out. I was a little embarrassed at how we got outsung and out thought on Wednesday. Leeds and Man U have the best away fans in my opinion with a great range of songs. We outsung Villa with clever responses to their “ oh lord “ song. But to respond to Leeds chants about Clough with the same songs back but substituting Clough with Revie , lacks imagination. It’s easy to predict what clubs will sing. We just need better comebacks. Leeds know the Jimmy songs and counter with wit and it works. I don’t except we are poor fans, just average. But if we want to compete with the likes of Leeds, we seriously need to up our game. Do a poll of our favourite chants and  get them going early. I can remember games where 1 chant has lasted for ages. The Derby’ On fire  at Hull a prime example. I don’t care it’s not original but imagine how Vydra’s on fire would sound home and away for 10 mins plus. We seem to be expecting this season to go tits up again, let’s show we can do our bit, starting tomorrow to spur them on 

Archived