Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Why all the denigrating of Fozzy, he's been a regular fixture in this long unbeaten run away from home. Offensively poor lately yes, but defensively sound and gives us added height over Olsson which is always useful.

That's a good point about the height aspect. Joao would have had a field day against Olsson. Fozzy will help to nullify that threat.

28 minutes ago, ram93 said:

Good to see Johnson back in the starting 11, feel he offers a lot more on that left hand side. Hopefully we can offer a bit more going forward than we did on Saturday. 

He is our leading goal scorer from midfield now that Russell has left and he improves us at set pieces, I assume with Lawrence not starting that is why Baird is in to take corners and some set pieces

Just now, Doodle said:

What have the full backs done wrong?? Or Anya for that matter. Changes were needed but not half the side. Strikes of panic stations having dropped to 3rd. Very little creativity for me 

Shame for anya,done really well when he came in and we will miss his pace.

Apart from that,this is our best team as it stands.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Shame for anya,done really well when he came in and we will miss his pace.

Apart from that,this is our best team as it stands.

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Would've liked to see Palmer get his chance.

Think unless we get an injury both (and Jerome) will get on as subs.

Wasn't Palmer not match fit when he came in? Probably easing him in.

10 minutes ago, Doodle said:

What have the full backs done wrong?? Or Anya for that matter. Changes were needed but not half the side. Strikes of panic stations having dropped to 3rd. Very little creativity for me 

3 of those changes I'd have made, and I can't say I'm surprised about the others. Overdue. We were flat at Millwall and carried that into the Norwich game which was pretty poor really.

6 changes, yet I don’t think it’s a brave team selection. Don’t know why Baird is back for Wisdom?! Puzzling but Baird will always do a job no worries there.

Foz yes, Ledley yes, Weimann yes, Nuge yes, Johnson?! That’s a safe move dropping Lawrence who regardless of form is our most creative player!! 

Last time I criticised the team selection, we won (think it was Leeds) and Johnson had a stormer!! Here’s hoping for the result and further confirmation I know nothing about football!!

Archived