Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy with that team, huge sigh of relief to see Vydra in there. Johnson's done well out on the left away from home before his back injury, adds another option for us out wide having him back.

I don't really want to jinx things ****but**** that Sheffield Wednesday team looks so poor on paper. Not one player in their side worries me, not even Rhodes who has been pretty poor since he joined them. He'll probably go and score now, but looking at their side I'm not surprised they are where they are.

Strong from Gary there to drop the non performers like Lawrence, bravo to him. Only one I really disagree with is Forsyth back in, don’t see what he offers over Olsson, especially in terms of possession which we need to have more of. Doesn’t really make sense when he’s been performing well and Forsyth has been poor, with Johnson in there we have defensive cover as well if that’s a concern, but no one really who’s good on the ball.

That said, other than that it’s pretty much what I’d go with, Lawrence and Anya didn’t do enough, Thorne hasn’t been his best and is injured anyway. Jerome didnt have much chance on Saturday but makes sense to rotate there, and Baird/wisdom are pretty interchangeable, wisdoms passing has been a bit off so that seems fair play.

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Is Olsson injured too? Bit harsh to be dropped from the squad if not.

Never seems to be on the bench unless hes in the starting line up.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Strong from Gary there to drop the non performers like Lawrence, bravo to him. Only one I really disagree with is Forsyth back in, don’t see what he offers over Olsson, especially in terms of possession which we need to have more of. Doesn’t really make sense when he’s been performing well and Forsyth has been poor, with Johnson in there we have defensive cover as well if that’s a concern, but no one really who’s good on the ball.

That said, other than that it’s pretty much what I’d go with, Lawrence and Anya didn’t do enough, Thorne hasn’t been his best and is injured anyway. Jerome didnt have much chance on Saturday but makes sense to rotate there, and Baird/wisdom are pretty interchangeable, wisdoms passing has been a bit off so that seems fair play.

I thought with the little we got the ball to him, he did well. Set the goal up.

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

Johnson   Baird.  Forsyth.  Wiemann.  Ledley.  Nugent start 

??

Ok with this not sure about fozzy

Olssons not really versatile enough to be on a Rowett bench as a defensive player.

GR made a big thing about picking Olsson cos Anya was playing. Maybe that's really all there was to it. He left an awful lot of space in behind our left side against Norwich.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I thought with the little we got the ball to him, he did well. Set the goal up.

First half I’d agree, but second half he didn’t really do enough. Harsh perhaps, but he’s not played much football anyway and I’d argue Weimann is our best winger (how the hell!) when on the right, so we need to get him back in.

Just been talking to the dog and we are both in agreement that this team is more than capable of beating Wednesday tonight, with the Beard and Bairdinho back, Vydra and Nugent reunited, struggling to see anything other than 3 points. 

Archived