Poor ref again no back bone

B4ev6is

50 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Do you know the reason for the change? It's silly - it's confusing and everyone in ground was confused.

Still the Lino did have it in the air - I just didn't see the initial wave. Again, would be interested to know if they are still required to wave first. 

If not, Lino got it spot on but it's the rule book and the actions for the link which is confusing.

B4 - I do like reading your posts. Even when 1 from 2 were blatant, you can't admit it and then the slightest nudge on Anya (who I think would fall over if a fly landed on him) and you're saying it's wrong! 

Please just admit it, ref did OK.

Maddison didn't dive on any of them. If Jerome had been caught like the first one, you'd all be screaming for a penalty.

Yes, it was to bring the signal in line with the rest of the world. the FA and English football were the only officials who signalled across the chest for the penalty. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Ramaway said:

Yes, it was to bring the signal in line with the rest of the world. the FA and English football were the only officials who signalled across the chest for the penalty. 

Hey! It’s our bloody game!

They should copy us! Flippen boggers 

Appalling reffing aside, as many have said we threw two points away today. In the first half we were well in control, such that until we want to attack, it doesn't actually matter who has got the ball, because we won't let them do anything with it. Apart from that penalty, they only had one threatening chance, and we had Carson. Sadly we seemed to decide to defend the 1-0 almost as soon  as we had scored, sitting back an extra 20-30 yards. Maybe with the huge tally of clean sheets, we have become a little conceited, and defending a 1-0 lead from the 12th minute is a risky strategy, as we found out.

And yes, it looked like both the ref and the assistant had given a corner, with the lino still pointing his flag at the corner after the penalty had been awarded. Rowett's observation was that the decision shouldn't have been made by the lino as he was 40 yards away and had a poor view, while the ref was only 25 yards away with a clear side-on view. He got it right, apart from not booking Maddison for diving. He should have also awarded points for difficulty of the dive and for artistic impression. He should also have been booked for kicking the ball away for one of the few free-kicks the ref actually gave us. And their ginger left-back should have had a second yellow when he hacked down Anya late on in the game, as well as him kicking the ball away.

We will get a good ref one day, I am sure of it. One day the Football League are bound to slip up and send a decent ref our way. We still have to travel to see a homer ref though.

B4

So half way through just tonight's Championship highlights:

Cardiff - disallowed a perfectly good goal, stopped them winning 2-1 against Millwall.

Bristol City - not given a penalty when 3-2 up for the most obvious shirt pull you'll see in quite a while. Cost them the three points, and instead got one point.

So will you admit refs are not biased against Derby.

And now, even watching the first penalty on a big screen, it's a stone wall penalty. He doesn't leave his foot in, Carson has his leg stuck out and Maddison puts his hands down to protect his fall suggesting a natural fall to the ground... 

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes mate

Even in pain I will and barley walk

Anytime you're Derby way,

Any evening, any day,

You'll find us all doin' the Barely walk.

Every little Derby gal,

With her little Derby pal,

You'll find 'em all doin' the Barely walk.

Everything's free and easy,

Do as you darn well pleasey,

Why don't you make your way there,

Go there, stay there.

Once you get down Derby way,

Every evening, every day,

You'll find yourself doin' the Barely walk.

Not read this thread but the second should have played on for their goal... said at the time the first one wasn't and replays proved it wasnt, he was going down before he got anywhere near Carson and should be banned for 3 games for diving. My real question is how can the ref give a corner, the linesman give a corner and they discuss and end up with giving a penalty?! 

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

Take your rose tinted spectacles off B4. Second one is stonewall, first one the limo has done him like a kipper. I think it was a penalty but I have no idea what the linesman was signalling for. Can someone enlighten me - has the signal for a penalty now changed for a Lino? They don't appear to put it across their chest anymore? I didn't see the Lino signal (waving flag in air) instead just signalled in a Norwich direction but in the air, not on the ground as the ground would have meant corner. Either way, embarrassing.

The ref though was fine. Just accept they were far far better today and that it's a point gained.

Be more worried about our lack of penetration especially from the forward line. Talk about that.

The linesman flagged for a corner then after being approached by 2 Norwich players the ref then had a chat and they gave a penalty a bizarre decision as neither of them signaled a foul 

Neither were pens. 2 dives. The fact they scored after the 2nd is insignificant. The whistle went and Carson lamely stuck a hand out AFTER the ref had blown. Quite clear that Maddison particularly thrives on the darker arts of the game. Heard lots about him but ultimately disappointed that he feels the need to stoop so low.  We were poor today, but not as poor as the officials. That's not to blame them, but not convinced Norwich would have scored without their intervention.

7 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Not read this thread but the second should have played on for their goal... said at the time the first one wasn't and replays proved it wasnt, he was going down before he got anywhere near Carson and should be banned for 3 games for diving. My real question is how can the ref give a corner, the linesman give a corner and they discuss and end up with giving a penalty?! 

Lino gave the penalty straight away

Archived