Poor ref again no back bone

B4ev6is

6 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

The linesman flagged for a corner then after being approached by 2 Norwich players the ref then had a chat and they gave a penalty a bizarre decision as neither of them signaled a foul 

The lino flagged for a penalty straight away

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally think both look like dives, i know they 'scored' on the second one before the penalty but carson only makes a half hearted attempt to save so probably had heard the whistle.

We were poor though second half, summed us up we get a free kick in the last minute in a good position and tom just kicks in straight into the two man wall, poor across the park in that second half.

A draw was a very good result for us on that performance. Think its OTT B4 to suggest the ref cheated.

Was a bit befuddled at one point, when keogh got taken out and their player booked, keogh had to go off as had treatment, but i thought that had changed if the other play is cautioned? Or did I dream that?

14 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Thought we got away with the Keogh challenge where he linked his arms and fell on their player, looked a stonewall penalty. 

First one I’m unsure, would have to see it again. Their second was, all day long. 

Thought the arm linking was instigated by the Norwich player - ?Oliveira

1 hour ago, Zak10 said:

Thought the arm linking was instigated by the Norwich player - ?Oliveira

It was right in front of me as was the 1st pen. Maddison definitely tripped himself over Carson and shouldn’t have been a pen but Keogh one could easily have been given. He realises he’s wrong side so grabbed him and fell over with him. Don’t think Lino felt confident enough to give them another so soon after the 1 st 

We have to stop moaning and slagging off the officials, and understand that Derby were poor yesterday.

The performance in the 2nd half was nowhere a promotion side and if it wasn't for two great saves by Carson we would have lost by probably two clear goals.

The first penalty was a 50:50 decision. It did look as if Maddison stubbed his foot against Carson and then did a 6.0 for artistic merit, however the second one was spot on, but why was Cameron Jerome in the penalty area fouling their centre-forward & where was the defenders?

As Gary Rowett said in his after-match interview there will be changes for Tuesday night, and on yesterday's display, Thorne, Lawrence and Jerome will be on the bench, with Ledley, Johnson & Nugent to come into the starting eleven.

50 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Are you sure? I looked over and he pointed his flag at the corner flag

100 percent. He flagged for the foul. 

17 hours ago, Srg said:

First was a joke. Right in front of me. Never touched him. 

Maddison should be ashamed of his display. Disgusting cheating and the ref lapped it up. 

Doesnt excuse our dysmal display, but playing against a cheat, a joker in the middle and clueless linesman never helps proceedings. 

Im wondering when this will ever end. Will we ever go back to homnesty and integrity in the game. Until the law changes to stop cheating, then players will go down easy, pundits everywhere from ramage right throguh to anyone on TV will call it clever play, and managers and coaches will tell them to go down. Most of these so called penalties for being "touched", wouldnt be given in the rest of the pitch, and secondly players would have nothing to gain by goign to ground in these areas. If it does continue youth teams and school teams across the land will start doing it in their bid to win at all costs. Thankfully honesty in games down the park with your friends with no referee, arent going to get you much respect for doing so, likewise i kinda like the honesty of the womens game, and you just wouldnt get this sort of behaviour there.

I dont know if anyone saw the 5 highlights show, but the leeds - sheff utd game penalty was a classic example of boner fide cheating. I think its a real shame the culture we have has accepted this, and in most other sports conning officials would leave a very sour taste in your mouth.

Had the pleasure yesterday of attending the game with a friend who used to be a referee assessor at league level,was interesting hearing him picking up on things.

He rated the refs performance average would have marked him 7 out of ten.He said the officials would be annoyed with themselves on first penalty when they see it back.Should have been a free kick to Derby and a yellow for simulation for Maddison.Though there was contact it was initiated by Maddison who left a leg out and his momentum took him into Carson ,who made no movement to cause him to fall.

4 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Had the measure yesterday of attending the game with a friend who used to be a referee assessor at league level,was interesting hearing him picking up on things.

He rated the refs performance had average would have marked him 7 out of ten.He said the officials would be annoyed with themselves on first penalty when they see it back.Should have been a free kick to Derby and a yellow for simulation for Maddison.Though there was contact it was initiated by Maddison who left a leg out and his momentum took him into Carson ,who made no movement to cause him to fall.

I think 7 is a bit harsh on the bloke. He got the 1 st one right and was swayed by his linesman. Ok he could have been stronger and overruled him but if you operate as a team then you will listen to a colleagues opinion. He should have played advantage for the 2nd pen admittedly but even though he made a meal of it, it was still a foul. He wasn’t conned by Anya going to ground and was quick to give Carson the thumbs up twice regarding back passes, which enabled him to pick the ball up. Overall a solid 8 performance 

I agree - we need to get a reality check - right at this moment we are not playing like a top 2 team. That is a fact.

Can we get it back and stay in the mix? Of course we can, but because of some average performances we are now chasing - its only a point but we are not the team with momentum at the moment.

Who knows - maybe we will be better chasing than leading but team needs to get it together for Tuesday.

Archived