Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

28 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Tend to think nuge is a bit of a waste as a late sub.  Prefer him to start with camjam to get at least 30 mins.  It's a bit of a risk because nuge isn't exactly on it currently.  

Agree entirely. Nuges lack of form is usually down to not getting any service and largely down to Vyds not finding space. When the latter does, then  Nuge tends to come alive as their understanding can be telepathic sometimes. Weve had many home games when these 2 come out firing in the opening seconds. Jerome is definately a player to bring on when the game is tight and those spaces arent appearing.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Tend to think nuge is a bit of a waste as a late sub.  Prefer him to start with camjam to get at least 30 mins.  It's a bit of a risk because nuge isn't exactly on it currently.  

Yeah,agreed re Nugent but he isn't getting much service either.

I thought nug actually suits the late sub role as his energy is useful late in the game,whereas he looks knackered by 70 minutes.

14 minutes ago, archram said:

Have just got back from a week in the Canaries and it rained nearly all week! I could do with a win to cheer me up - mind you, it’s a nice change watching english rain instead of spanish!

Hopefully it will be raining goals in the Brentford net today.  We're certainly due some goals. COYR.

Something weird and amazing happening today. My adorable partner and wife of 25 years, who has never been close to a football ground (not for religious reasons, it's just she's more of a face cream sort of  girl than A lover of the beautiful game ) has decided as a birthday present to come to the game with me. .....I am going to have to brush up my mansplaining. But at least she can recite the offside rule :D:blink:

come on you Rams . 

1 hour ago, wingfieldram said:

That first train back to Matlock, after the match, is always crammed. It makes for a better matchday experience to have a few post match pints in the Brunswick and catch the later train.

Ps......are you sure that there is a 17.25 train?. ....looks like its 17.53 to me.

I don’t think @SKRam said he was going to Matlock, that was just in my example. Right about the first train back though. 

On 2/1/2018 at 16:06, SKRam said:

Looking for advice ladies and gents..... Travelling by train for this (always drove when I had S.T.) and as I’ve not been in a while and ideally want to catch  1725 I’ve had a look on google maps and says I can access via footbridge at station? Thought I had to walk long way round? Aiming for a couple of pints pre match so walking via Brunswick out but I really could do with shortest route back post match. I can jog if need be :yes: Many thanks 

Valid train ticket no problem using the bridge ,even if you don't have one they give out tickets to use just for the bridge machines .If you go to the Waterfall .The Vic or Merry Widows then the railway bridge is the quickest route to the ground .

If you go down to the Brunny then if you look to your left as you leave the steps down under the railway is the quickest imo .I catch the 17.08  [Nottingham]when I go to the match and just make it back don't hang around though .

2 hours ago, wingfieldram said:

That first train back to Matlock, after the match, is always crammed. It makes for a better matchday experience to have a few post match pints in the Brunswick and catch the later train.

Ps......are you sure that there is a 17.25 train?. ....looks like its 17.53 to me.

Hi Wingfield. I live in a place called Marple near Stockport so my train is to Sheffield! The Matlock mention caused a little confusion I think:D

48 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

We need 3pts today against Brentford today. Bolton did us a favour last night. Could do with a Darren bent hat trick against villa for burton.

Need the win defo today just checked the table and it appears Cardiff have a game in hand over us so maximum points is a must please lads :) 

Will be interesting to see Ollie Watkins for them today who we were linked with so heavily and it seemed a shame not to do the deal.

It sounds as though Weimann might be given the afternoon off for family reasons while Bradley may be back in the squad having returned to full training. If he is, despite so many going out on loan, there will still be a few disappointed senior pros who won't even make the bench. No room for Olsson or Hanson and one of Johnson/Anya/Pearce/Palmer. I'll guess Pearce misses out giving a team of:

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh     Davies     Forsyth

Thorne     Huddlestone

Lawrence     Vydra     Johnson

Jerome

Bench:    Roos   Baird  Ledley   Nugent   Winnall    Palmer   Anya

That gives us power to go up against their flair, which I feel always gives us problems. It's going to be tough and we could really do with a win. Let's hope we do overpower them. Come on you Rams!

So Forsyth, Weimann and Nugent dropped. Weimann doesn't make the bench, Palmer takes his place.  

Surprised Ledley hasn't come in for Thorne too, if I'm honest.

No Thomas so he clearly didn't do enough in his week of first team training. SHIP HIM OUT ON LOAN! :D 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

So Forsyth, Weimann and Nugent dropped. Weimann doesn't make the bench, Palmer takes his place.  

No Thomas so he clearly didn't do enough in his week of first team training. SHIP HIM OUT ON LOAN! :D 

Weimanns wife had a baby so that's why he's out ;) 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'm not sure Weimann is available.

Archived