5 Days Left

superzak

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Why have people started to become flakey about the goalkeeper situation?

Not sure they're being flakey Andy. I think it's more likely that Carson's form this season has reminded a lot of folk how much of an advantage it is having someone like him between the sticks and in commanding form. I can't offer judgement on the other lads as I've seen so little of them, but if we're going to have cover anywhere then this is as critical a position as any IMO if they are not considered up to scratch

.Carson aside, if we can ship out one or two more before deadline, another CM would be handy too, if arguably something of a luxury. Being massively greedy and entitled, I'd love to see a out and out winger join us but I've not even convinced myself we really need one. It goes without saying that in all three positions we'd need players who are good value for money and add quality to the squad. Fortunately, Rowett seems to understand that very well and has already proved to be quite a very shrewd operator when it comes bringing new players in. A refreshing change.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We seem to have sent most of our cover out on loan so we need one or two in.

If we keep it as it is we are reliant on Ledley, Thorne and Huddlestone staying fit for the rest of the season.

Two of those is the preferred midfield setup but we also have Johnson (though with a broken back I admit!), Hanson and Baird as backup for those spots. There's been a lot of talk of Hanson going out to get games. I think I'd prefer him as the main central defensive cover. Otherwise the best we might hope for is another De Sart figure who we're probably obliged to play, so we have to drop one of our main men. And Ledley, Thorne and Huddlestone are our main men.

It's only 18 games so I'd probably stick rather than twist when it comes to midfield.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Two of those is the preferred midfield setup but we also have Johnson (though with a broken back I admit!), Hanson and Baird as backup for those spots. There's been a lot of talk of Hanson going out to get games. I think I'd prefer him as the main central defensive cover. Otherwise the best we might hope for is another De Sart figure who we're probably obliged to play, so we have to drop one of our main men. And Ledley, Thorne and Huddlestone are our main men.

It's only 18 games so I'd probably stick rather than twist when it comes to midfield.

I had totally eraised de Sart from my memory - we just don’t need premiership squad players to be signed unless we are taking them on a permanent deal. When we think of all those loan deals we have taken we very rarely get someone who really benefits us and within that frame I can only think of Ince because we made money of him and Osman as he helped save us from relagation.

Hanson is a tricky one as he needs to play but will he ever get the chance with us currently? 

If we got anyone in it has to be because they are a massive improvement on what we have - cant see the value in messing about with 2 or 3 bits and pieces signings - if we see one that will have a massive impact then that has to be the option? Keeper cover for insurance also seems like a no-brainer.

13 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I think the phrase is "no **** sherlock "!

Vydra Weimann are pretty nifty Russell no slouch either .

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

No you can’t play Baird and hud as a midfield pair we need more mobility in midfield can’t rely on Thorne or ledley to stay fit.

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I figured Hanson would end up going out on loan, but yes Baird is a more than capable back up. 

12 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Why have people started to become flakey about the goalkeeper situation?

It's probably the same people who thought that we were mad to sign Scott Carson in the first place. You know,

@Animal is a Ram, @Cam the Ram, @Dale The Ram, @TomBustler1884, @Ambitious, @RLACML, @Gypsy Ram - and that's just from the first 7 pages of the 'SIGNED: Scott Carson' thread.

For the sake of balance, @Mafiabob, @i-Ram, @Moist One etc thought he would be a good signing.

Just remember, folks. The tinternets remembers things forever.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's probably the same people who thought that we were mad to sign Scott Carson in the first place. You know,

@Animal is a Ram, @Cam the Ram, @Dale The Ram, @TomBustler1884, @Ambitious, @RLACML, @Gypsy Ram - and that's just from the first 7 pages of the 'SIGNED: Scott Carson' thread.

For the sake of balance, @Mafiabob, @i-Ram, @Moist One etc thought he would be a good signing.

ouch

54 minutes ago, eddie said:

And how glad am I that I was wrong about Scott! And you're right about the internet remembering things, I flick back to your first handful of posts on the forum and see a post from a thread about academy players who you want to tie down to Derby for their entire careers. Along with Hughes you also said Kwame Thomas ..... we all make mistakes ;):lol:

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And how glad am I that I was wrong about Scott! And you're right about the internet remembering things, I flick back to your first handful of posts on the forum and see a post from a thread about academy players who you want to tie down to Derby for their entire careers. Along with Hughes you also said Kwame Thomas ..... we all make mistakes ;):lol:

Indeed. How glad I am that I was wrong about Hughes....

oh, wait...

;)

Archived