5 Days Left

superzak

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, superzak said:

I would just like to add as I don't like starting threads for no reason..the winning line interview that colin has done is quality and can we have kevin hector next my hero...are 59 year olds allowed heroes

I'm only 58 (until next week) , but Nuge is my hero, so I think it's ok :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, superzak said:

I would just like to add as I don't like starting threads for no reason..the winning line interview that colin has done is quality and can we have kevin hector next my hero...are 59 year olds allowed heroes

The winning line interviews filmed in Yard with a sort of rentamob in the background - who i assume are club employees - there to make it look a cool hang out. The very pretty Ariane Grande lookalike in the background is a bit of a distraction this time.

I don't know why we never see hector. He's held in such affection by so many fans. 

18 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I can't help but think of the last time we wanted pace in January and brought Nick Blackman for £3.5 million pounds (6 months left on his contract at Reading) and Razza (I am Warrior) Camara

I cant help of think of the january signings of Fagan, McEverly Mackem and Tyrone Mears , which nearly ruined our Chances of promotion and saw us loose out on the autos.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The winning line interviews filmed in Yard with a sort of rentamob in the background - who i assume are club employees - there to make it look a cool hang out. The very pretty Ariane Grande lookalike in the background is a bit of a distraction this time.

I don't know why we never see hector. He's held in such affection by so many fans. 

I think he lives in Spain, now, so doesn't wander in these cherished fields much anymore. HE useed to live in Allestree, and was our postman for many a year after he retired from pro football. A lovely man.

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I think he lives in Spain, now, so doesn't wander in these cherished fields much anymore. HE useed to live in Allestree, and was our postman for many a year after he retired from pro football. A lovely man.

I thought it was willie carlin who went to spain?

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I thought it was willie carlin who went to spain?

I hadn't heard about Willie going to Spain, although he may have been talked into it by King Kev (or the other way round, depending on who went there first. For many years hew ran a newsagents in Melbourne (the Derbyshire one). He used to go to John Scales at Park Farm Centre for his haircuts, so like may Rams from that era, he maintained his links with Derby.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

I hadn't heard about Willie going to Spain, although he may have been talked into it by King Kev (or the other way round, depending on who went there first. For many years hew ran a newsagents in Melbourne (the Derbyshire one). He used to go to John Scales at Park Farm Centre for his haircuts, so like may Rams from that era, he maintained his links with Derby.

I went to john scales. He was great. He used to cut your hair without looking at you. He used to stare out the window and squint as if trying to recognise someone walking across the precinct. occasionally he'd lean backwards to tune his radio. His own hair was an like an unkempt leighton james. Even when they built a huge brick wall about 6 foot from his shop window he still kept staring out, and snipping away without looking. 

Best haircuts i ever had. 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Makes sense he became a postman. Delivered the goods like no other. King Kev!

On 1/27/2018 at 13:04, eddie said:

It's probably the same people who thought that we were mad to sign Scott Carson in the first place. You know,

@Animal is a Ram, @Cam the Ram, @Dale The Ram, @TomBustler1884, @Ambitious, @RLACML, @Gypsy Ram - and that's just from the first 7 pages of the 'SIGNED: Scott Carson' thread.

For the sake of balance, @Mafiabob, @i-Ram, @Moist One etc thought he would be a good signing.

Just remember, folks. The tinternets remembers things forever.

Very true. 

It's also worth pointing out that whenever we sign a player, we should not be too hasty in our judgement. It's down to the manager who signs them to get the most out of them. 

A more fitting example is Leon Clarke of Sheffield United. The move from Bury to Sheffield United was his 20th transfer, if you include loans, and he had signed for Bury 2015 on a free transfer. 

He's never really looked comfortable outside of League One, certainly before this season he had never produced double figures in the Championship. Neverthless, he has 15 goals in 25 games this season and could still be the top goalscorer in the division, along with Matej. 

Well I am fed up looking in transfer talk especially with 40 pages of political history. Don't think we can solve the Irish question, but can we bring someone in before deadline ? 

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Very true. 

It's also worth pointing out that whenever we sign a player, we should not be too hasty in our judgement. It's down to the manager who signs them to get the most out of them. 

A more fitting example is Leon Clarke of Sheffield United. The move from Bury to Sheffield United was his 20th transfer, if you include loans, and he had signed for Bury 2015 on a free transfer. 

He's never really looked comfortable outside of League One, certainly before this season he had never produced double figures in the Championship. Neverthless, he has 15 goals in 25 games this season and could still be the top goalscorer in the division, along with Matej. 

You should post more, I like you, speak sense.

If only we would learn from our mistakes, we would have our genitals today still.

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 09.01.28.png

36 minutes ago, David said:

You should post more, I like you, speak sense.

If only we would learn from our mistakes, we would have our genitals today still.

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 09.01.28.png

You really dropped one there. Actually both

Archived