Derby County F.C. v Sheffield United F.C.

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Once again I hope I’m made to look a fool but I don’t like that lineup. I’m assuming Thorne isn’t fit enough to play again because Johnson and Huddlestone together really hasn’t worked so far, still have horrible memories of reading. Weimann is much less effective on the left too, I assume Lawrence is injured?

I agree don't like that line up no BJ and Hudds doesn't work but don't think Rowett had any option really Can't believe there putting Weimann on the left  Lawrence did get a knock but he also had a poor game  Bench seems capable if its not going to plan which I don't expect it to 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Who would you replace Johnson with further up field 

Rowett likes Johnson and wants him in the team. Given that, I'd ditch either Weimann or Russell (no strong preference), but probably Weimann. If it were my choice I wouldn't pick Johnson at all, but if he has to play I prefer him not to be one of the deep two where his lack of technical ability is exposed. 

20 minutes ago, needles said:

Totally saw the Winnall thing coming, also Wisdom and Thorne. Need fresh legs up front, Thorne can't be ready for 2 in 3 days, and Bairdinho only dropped out to give him a rest.

I'm disappointed with Johnson in the CDM pair though. Lose a lot of positional control and passing when he's in there...although gain some legs.

I'd guess we can assume Thorne, Wisdom and Winnall definitely start at Old Trafford.

Agree with every word.

Nice to have options.. win with this changed team again  today and it'd really on...

Let's give the lads a chance, I was a little bit worried with 5 changes for Ipswich and look how that turned out. I think that side especially at home is more than capable of getting the 3 points today.

Think Winnall will be very unhappy with that though and will probably be knocking on GR,s door very enthusiastically. 

I'm not a fan of making changes, especially to a team that is doing well.

But I think we are the mercy of the festive schedule and we have to use this big squad we've got to our advantage when we are in the middle of 4 games in 9 days.

An early goal and everyone's nerves will be settled, I'm sure!

Don't think it's entirely fair to drop a striker who scored a brace. Fatigue can't be an issue considering Vydra is playing too. Think that's pretty poor in all honesty.

The Ipswich changes surprised us and worked out, hopefully it does here too.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Sigh

Are you sure, you are ready to be back?........You are very welcome to help many posters choice Warburton in a garden for a bit!

And if you see Thorne relaxing in a bush, tell him, but I'm sure he's well aware that he's been brought back gently and working perfectly in a perfect team with a perfect Manager.

Or we could all just Sigh together!

Archived