Derby County F.C. v Sheffield United F.C.

Boycie

Just now, Kinder said:

I’d stick with George in midfield and bring him off if / when he tires. I’d be tempted to bring Weimann back in for Lawrence. And I’d swap Wisdom for Bairdinho - he’s had a rest and has been rock solid.

As much as it seems 99% of fans love George, and I am the 1%

I would still have Ledley as my first name on the team sheet if fit

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

As much as it seems 99% of fans love George, and I am the 1%

I would still have Ledley as my first name on the team sheet if fit

Fair enough - it’s a great problem to have if Ledley’s fit.  George for me is the most cultured footballer in the building but Ledley has brought unbelievable solidity since he came in.

Can not wait for tomorrow's game, I am sure Gary will get the starting line up correct, he does 99 percent of the time, for me if Ledley is fit then he plays, George will not play 2 games in 3 days, it would leave him open to injury, play him at Manu on Friday, also think Baird will be back in, and I would go with Vydra and Winnall again, Nugent also to start at Manu on Friday, I would also start Wiemann in place of Russell, have a feeling we could give Sheffield United a good hiding, going for a 4-1 victory to the Rams, first day of the new year to show the rest of the division, that we mean business. So Happy New Year to everyone on this forum, let's keep this great form going. Enjoy the game tomorrow, and I will see some off you at Pride Park tomorrow. Once a Ram always a Ram.

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

Fair enough - it’s a great problem to have if Ledley’s fit.  George for me is the most cultured footballer in the building but Ledley has brought unbelievable solidity since he came in.

No matter which way round you pick it there really isn't a bad permutation from Thorne, Hudds and Ledley(at the moment anyway).

If anything, the games requiring a bit more "steel" Ledley gets the nod. 

9 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

No matter which way round you pick it there really isn't a bad permutation from Thorne, Hudds and Ledley(at the moment anyway).

If anything, the games requiring a bit more "steel" Ledley gets the nod. 

Not sure about the "steel" part. You could say the game against Ipswich would be the one where steel is needed most...

3 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Read this on a Sheff Utd forum, cant see it myself.

Nugent and Sharp are nothing like each other.

oh and its Sharp.

Sharpe, was a dodgy period war drama with Sean Bean.

Same era that's all. Once upon a time every weekend it used to be either Nugent or Sharp scoring. I would rather have Nugent in our team. 

Anyway it made it onto their board. :lol:

Can't wait till tomorrow, enjoying the games with my son who finally understands what your local team is all about. Most of his freinds support the usual suspects but never been to see them. I can see in his eyes he understands.

Fingers crossed and a happy new year to you all.

We’ve had half a season ‘under the radar’ according to a few so now we’ve been exposed to the Top Two it’ll be interesting to see how/if the opposition alter their approach to playing us. Teams now know we are a very capable side and will no doubt set up to be tougher to break down. Over to you Mr Rowett :thumbsup:

The real test is that’s it’s easier to chase than to lead in these situations but much to some people’s annoyance rowett has brought in some quality older players who have the experience to know how to get over the line and blended it with some younger players and I’m pretty sure we may see rowett either looking to bring some younger players to the club or sensibly blooding some of our own if he feels they can cut it 

PistoldPete2

With brizzle again not playing til 5.30 pm today will be an opportunity to put down a marker. Win for us this afternoon and the pressure will be on Bristol City and if it's a repeat of Saturday then the pressure will really be on them going into our big clash. Let's hope so. 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think we will go : 

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh     Davies Forsyth 

Ledley  Huddlestone 

Weimann    Vydra      Russell 

Nugent

Maybe bairdinho back as well? 

Archived