Derby County F.C. v Sheffield United F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again I hope I’m made to look a fool but I don’t like that lineup. I’m assuming Thorne isn’t fit enough to play again because Johnson and Huddlestone together really hasn’t worked so far, still have horrible memories of reading. Weimann is much less effective on the left too, I assume Lawrence is injured?

Having played 48 hours ago both Thorne and Winnall are still probably feeling it not playing regular football for a while.

Rowett said after Ipswich that those who played well Saturday may not start today, unpopular decisions would have to be made. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Having played 48 hours ago both Thorne and Winnall are still probably feeling it having not played regular football for a while.

Rowett said after Ipswich that those who played well Saturday may not start today, unpopular decisions would have to be made. 

What does any of that matter as long as Rowett goes out of his way to piss off some posters on here?

Totally saw the Winnall thing coming, also Wisdom and Thorne. Need fresh legs up front, Thorne can't be ready for 2 in 3 days, and Bairdinho only dropped out to give him a rest.

I'm disappointed with Johnson in the CDM pair though. Lose a lot of positional control and passing when he's in there...although gain some legs.

I'd guess we can assume Thorne, Wisdom and Winnall definitely start at Old Trafford.

Don't think Johnson and Huddlestone works. Far rather see Johnson further up the pitch, Baird alongside Hudds and Wisdom at right back. But in Rowett we trust, and he's done the right thing by rotating again. 

Interesting to see Bennett on the bench and not Thomas. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Don't think Johnson and Huddlestone works. Far rather see Johnson further up the pitch, Baird alongside Hudds and Wisdom at right back. But in Rowett we trust, and he's done the right thing by rotating again. 

Interesting to see Bennett on the bench and not Thomas. 

Who would you replace Johnson with further up field 

Archived