Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't rowett say in his interview afterwards that that was now 5 unbeaten?

whats he on about?

has he forgotten Reading?

p.s. Oh i see - last 5 away unbeaten

3 hours ago, archied said:

I'm not good at researching stats and the like so perhaps some kind person may be interested enough to do it so we can debate this under 23 s point as I've seen that they are better to watch ( not a bad thing ) and that means that dazza is ready to step into rowett s shoes ( not exact words but that's what is being suggested)

heres the stat question s

1. How many under 23 s managers have been sacked from their jobs over say the last 3 years in the prem, championship and div 1 for poor results?

2 how many first team managers have been sacked using same criterion as above 

3 what is the average attendance at under 23 games over the divisions compared to first team? 

You see I'm willing to bet it's a bit similar to hitting balls on the golf range or putts on the practise green , much easier and more fun and be much more open to try things and produce good stuff away from the pressured environment of having to produce where it really matters ? 

By all means enjoy watching the under 23 s play and seeing youngsters progress but do me a favour and don't equate it to the demands of the first team ,,again that's just fantasy 

I also recall wassell reinvigorating the Clement side(who seem positively athletic and exciting in comparison to us now....)

Now wassell had two years less experience then and certainly made some errors but the football was exciting and we made the playoffs under him.

So why doesn't his managerial skills translate into how well the under 23's are doing now?

It's wassell and the young squad you are doing the disservice to......don't forget they are playing in the premier junior division now which is impressive to my mind....

not a great performance and not thrilling for 90% of the time,  but you know it was away from home and we got a point so I am pretty chilled about it....... And ... Watching Lawrence dance through their defence and pick up Vydras exquisitely timed electric burst ? What a finish. :)

Bring on QPR 

37 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I also recall wassell reinvigorating the Clement side(who seem positively athletic and exciting in comparison to us now....)

Now wassell had two years less experience then and certainly made some errors but the football was exciting and we made the playoffs under him.

So why doesn't his managerial skills translate into how well the under 23's are doing now?

It's wassell and the young squad you are doing the disservice to......don't forget they are playing in the premier junior division now which is impressive to my mind....

Yet again you dodge the questions/ issues ,,, I also recall wassells being so unable to command the respect of senior players that shackell publicly made a fool of him at Rotherham , I also recall hull at home in the play offs ????????? 

His managerial skills do translate to the under 23 s but you ignore the fact I put to you that it is a far far cry from the pressure and expectation of managing the first team ,it is used as a mix of progressing young players and giving match time to first team players returning from injury or not getting enough first team minutes? 

But hey ho you don't want to acknowledge fair points that are put you regards your opinions 

just to be clear ,,if you were in charge of the club you would get rid of rowett to be replaced by dazza ? ???? 

Playing in the premier junior division may be impressive to you but I can honestly say it really means diddly squat to the vast majority of fans who are rightly far more concerned by what the first team are doing 

13 minutes ago, archied said:

Yet again you dodge the questions/ issues ,,, I also recall wassells being so unable to command the respect of senior players that shackell publicly made a fool of him at Rotherham , I also recall hull at home in the play offs ????????? 

His managerial skills do translate to the under 23 s but you ignore the fact I put to you that it is a far far cry from the pressure and expectation of managing the first team ,it is used as a mix of progressing young players and giving match time to first team players returning from injury or not getting enough first team minutes? 

But hey ho you don't want to acknowledge fair points that are put you regards your opinions 

just to be clear ,,if you were in charge of the club you would get rid of rowett to be replaced by dazza ? ???? 

Playing in the premier junior division may be impressive to you but I can honestly say it really means diddly squat to the vast majority of fans who are rightly far more concerned by what the first team are doing 

I'm glad you are concerned about the first team,you have every right to be.

And the 23,s are playing under their own pressure....that's the league they are in,together with every other team in that division...you are implying then that derby are under less pressure to perform than a premiership team because we are in a lower league?....tell that to the manager and players.

Shackell disruptive together with other senior players under wassell...any evidence of that?

Perhaps it's the same disruption that you are complaining rowett is suffering from with players not doing as they are told?...but I suppose it's only valid under rowett,very fair mate.

And for the hull play off game at home,I give you hull away....I'd take either game as entertainment over the dullfests I've seen this season.

I'd take wassell over rowett any day of the week after watching both tenures over a similar time period.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

And the 23,s are playing under their own pressure....that's the league they are in,together with every other team in that division...you are implying then that derby are under less pressure to perform than a premiership team because we are in a lower league?....tell that to the manager and players.

Shackell disruptive together with other senior players under wassell...any evidence of that?

Perhaps it's the same disruption that you are complaining rowett is suffering from with players not doing as they are told?

And for the hull play off game at home,I give you hull away....I'd take either game as entertainment over the dullfests I've seen this season.

I'd take wassell over rowett any day of the week after watching both tenures over a similar time period.

Wassall it is then sack Gary Mel.  

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Perhaps it's the same disruption that you are complaining rowett is suffering from with players not doing as they are told?...but I suppose it's only valid under rowett,very fair mate.

Any evidence ? any evidence? Shackell telling him to f*** off on the field may be a bit of a give away ?

Been interesting trying to talk football with you but it's very clear your not interested in any balanced views and ignore sensible points so consider yourself free from me picking you up on any crazy posts in future ,,best of luck with dazza ,,, now there were some real humdinging after match interviews ,,, never mind rowett 

you are Chris martins agent and I claim my £5

Archived