Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

I believe results at the start of the season and criticisms have resulted in what we get away from Home now to avoid Sheff U and Bristol City type results. 

I think Rowett needs to be a bit more adventurous from the start but players at his disposal are limited for this for 90 minutes away. 

He has after all not lost in 5 Away. 

Rowett hasn't lost in 5 away games but he could have won this game by choosing to be positive for more than 20 minutes in the game.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ironic part of this game was that in overall play our 2 worst players were involved in a great goal.

Their continuous losing of possession meant the first half was one way traffic.

At the moment we are only the better team when we play at a really high tempo what we can't sustain. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

He brought Wiemann on who isn’t defensively minded ! 

I thought Weimann was brought on to track Fredericks who was allowed to run down the right wing unchallenged at will. Weimann hardly got forward  and certainly didn't get in behind Fredericks to prevent him from making forward runs.

In addition very little pressure was put on Cairney who is their play maker. Stop Fredericks and stop Cairney and you stop Fulham. Play quick balls through and over the defence and you score against Fulham. It ain't rocket science!

54 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

"Gary Rowett's side were outplayed for long periods of the first half, with Carson superbly palming Ayite's header away before Norwood's opener.

They briefly improved after the break, but failed to carve out another clear sight of goal after Vydra's equaliser."

- Source: BBC

Fulham have played 17, and won 4 games and are 10 places below Derby. Yet played us off the park. 

Still, it's nearly Christmas. 

Wasn't Nugents shot, when he really should have scored, after vydras equaliser? Sounds a bit like a west London based summary from the BBC. 

30 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I thought Fulham battered us last season and we were lucky to come away with a draw. Yesterday we did ok for saying we only played for 30 minutes. 

Exactly! They were a good team then so last year I felt like we had snuck a point that maybe wasn't ours to have.

This year I felt like we could, and should, have gone for better.

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I thought Weimann was brought on to track Fredericks who was allowed to run down the right wing unchallenged at will. Weimann hardly got forward  and certainly didn't get in behind Fredericks to prevent him from making forward runs.

In addition very little pressure was put on Cairney who is their play maker. Stop Fredericks and stop Cairney and you stop Fulham. Play quick balls through and over the defence and you score against Fulham. It ain't rocket science!

Just as a matter of interest what team would you have started with at Fulham . 

Do you think the problem is player or manager mindset bearing in mind we drew the game and didn’t lose and Andre Wisdom was unable to play so that was a disruption before the game. 

7 minutes ago, sage said:

The ironic part of this game was that in overall play our 2 worst players were involved in a great goal.

Their continuous losing of possession meant the first half was one way traffic.

At the moment we are only the better team when we play at a really high tempo what we can't sustain. 

The answer then ! 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Just as a matter of interest what team would you have started with at Fulham . 

Do you think the problem is player or manager mindset bearing in mind we drew the game and didn’t lose and Andre Wisdom was unable to play so that was a disruption before the game. 

I would have played Russell on the left to use his pace to get behind Fredericks and prevent him from making forward runs. I would have man marked Cairney to prevent him from spraying the ball left and right leaving it to their centre halves to distribute. I would have also asked the players to double up on Fredericks and make sure he was planted into row Z in the first 5 minutes.

The problems wasn't so much the players but how they were used. Fulham play a high line. We have two quick forwards in Nugent and Vydra but failed to exploit the space behind their defence and instead played plodding, pedestrian safety first football sending the ball sidewards and backwards before inevitably losing possession once we reached the opposition half.

16 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I would have played Russell on the left to use his pace to get behind Fredericks and prevent him from making forward runs. I would have man marked Cairney to prevent him from spraying the ball left and right leaving it to their centre halves to distribute. I would have also asked the players to double up on Fredericks and make sure he was planted into row Z in the first 5 minutes.

The problems wasn't so much the players but how they were used. Fulham play a high line. We have two quick forwards in Nugent and Vydra but failed to exploit the space behind their defence and instead played plodding, pedestrian safety first football sending the ball sidewards and backwards before inevitably losing possession once we reached the opposition half.

It all sounds so easy. 

26 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Wasn't Nugents shot, when he really should have scored, after vydras equaliser? Sounds a bit like a west London based summary from the BBC. 

No Pete its the truth I was at the match along with everyone around me have to admit we were poor lucky not to conceded at least four goals Only poor finishing the woodwork and lady luck kept us in the game Look a certain penalty by Lawrence to me  It was just another typical performance dour is the kindest I can say We are desperate for legs in midfield hopefully that will be rectified in Jan if not it will just be another wasted season 

Archived