Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

6 minutes ago, archied said:

Any evidence ? any evidence? Shackell telling him to f*** off on the field may be a bit of a give away ?

Been interesting trying to talk football with you but it's very clear your not interested in any balanced views and ignore sensible points so consider yourself free from me picking you up on any crazy posts in future ,,best of luck with dazza ,,, now there were some real humdinging after match interviews ,,, never mind rowett 

you are Chris martins agent and I claim my £5

In starting to think Martin bullied you as a child....you are obsessed!

And bring some balanced views to the table and not just your agenda and I will happily discuss them....

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Glad to have you on board curtains?

Wassall is doing good job where he is so let’s disrupt it all again . 

The players will be really happy about that. 

Joking apart Gary Rowett can be as stubborn as most managers by the look of it and he makes mistakes but I’m glad we have him. 

End of the day what will be will be. 

If Gary goes and nothing would surprise me anymore in Football then whoever comes in I wish them well. 

I like Gary Rowett but who am I 

Just now, curtains said:

Wassall is doing good job where he is so let’s disrupt it all again . 

The players will be really happy about that. 

Joking apart Gary Rowett can be as stubborn as most managers by the look of it and he makes mistakes but I’m glad we have him. 

End of the day what will be will be. 

If Gary goes and nothing would surprise me anymore in Football then whoever comes in I wish them well. 

I like Gary Rowett but who am I 

Fair enough on both points curtains....it's quite possibly Gary's stubbornness that's causing some issues....he gives the impression of not learning from his experiences.

13 hours ago, Saity said:

I like Fulhams style of play I think they're a better side than there position says but think we need to play better ourselves...our tempo was so much better for 15 then we dropped off again ...a point is always good away from home I know but worryingly we sit back far too much for me...I don't expect to win every away game of course not but I also won't turn a blind eye to crap performances either and think 2800 travelling fans deserved a bit more attacking ...

A point away from home isn’t always good, if you want promotion, you will need to win at least 8 games on your travels. 

33 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm glad you are concerned about the first team,you have every right to be.

And the 23,s are playing under their own pressure....that's the league they are in,together with every other team in that division...you are implying then that derby are under less pressure to perform than a premiership team because we are in a lower league?....tell that to the manager and players.

Shackell disruptive together with other senior players under wassell...any evidence of that?

Perhaps it's the same disruption that you are complaining rowett is suffering from with players not doing as they are told?...but I suppose it's only valid under rowett,very fair mate.

And for the hull play off game at home,I give you hull away....I'd take either game as entertainment over the dullfests I've seen this season.

I'd take wassell over rowett any day of the week after watching both tenures over a similar time period.

Wassall was inept in charge of the 1 st team. To pick your first team v Ipswich, was frankly unforgivable. Ok he didn’t know our only DM would get his leg broken but it wouldn’t happen if he was sat in the stands like the Hull 1st 11 were at their fixture. Then to compound his mistake by putting an unfit Johnson as DM v Hull was equally inept. If you don’t have the personnel to suit your preferred system, change the system 

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

In starting to think Martin bullied you as a child....you are obsessed!

And bring some balanced views to the table and not just your agenda and I will happily discuss them....

God it's like platting fog ,,,

for the umpteenth time ,I like Chris martin, I would not have loaned him to Fulham ,I would keep him at the club ,he has a role to play for us , he brings some qualities the others lack and he lacks some qualities the others bring ,,,, what is so hard to understand about that ?

1 minute ago, Doodle said:

Wassall was inept in charge of the 1 st team. To pick your first team v Ipswich, was frankly unforgivable. Ok he didn’t know our only DM would get his leg broken but it wouldn’t happen if he was sat in the stands like the Hull 1st 11 were at their fixture. Then to compound his mistake by putting an unfit Johnson as DM v Hull was equally inept. If you don’t have the personnel to suit your preferred system, change the system 

To be fair to wassell he changed his system pretty quickly and started getting results and good play from the team.

I wish Gary would learn and adapt.

1 minute ago, archied said:

God it's like platting fog ,,,

for the umpteenth time ,I like Chris martin, I would not have loaned him to Fulham ,I would keep him at the club ,he has a role to play for us , he brings some qualities the others lack and he lacks some qualities the others bring ,,,, what is so hard to understand about that ?

You keep bringing up....noone else!

Very strange!

20 minutes ago, Doodle said:

If he'd picked a weak side v Ipswich and Hull had smashed us he'd have got the blame for changing the team and losing momentum. 

Always happens during the cup games.

Manager picks reserve side and they lose next league match - "they didn't need resting! They had momentum."

Manager picks strong side and they lose next league match - "should have rested players so they were fresh for this."

We wanted to beat Ipswich. Why wouldn't we? He picked the team he felt was needed to win the game. Besides the best performance of the season came in the second leg without Thorne. He's only 1 player. We needed a lot more than Thorne to beat Hull that day.

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

To be fair to wassell he changed his system pretty quickly and started getting results and good play from the team.

I wish Gary would learn and adapt.

I would suggest he reinstated McClarens system, rather than bring in his own. It was the right thing to do though, the players we had at the time, fitted that system better than any other. It doesn’t detract from the fact his ineptitude or possibly a fairer word would be inexperience cost us a Wembley trip and maybe even promotion, during his tenure 

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely.

Watch back the 90 minutes on DCFCTV and see how many times we relinquished possession like Fulham were taking candy off a baby. Remember the documentary of Cloughie senior training the Rams back in 1971 when all you see are his Adidas-clad white trainers and his voice booms out "Ohhh It's crap!". Well as I watched the game, that GIF was playing in my brain. We get possession in our half, one kick and it's Fulham back in possession...

I recall a clip on tv with him shouting, somewhat disheatened it seemed "Rubbish. Bloooody Rubbish!". I miss him.

3 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I would suggest he reinstated McClarens system, rather than bring in his own. It was the right thing to do though, the players we had at the time, fitted that system better than any other. It doesn’t detract from the fact his ineptitude or possibly a fairer word would be inexperience cost us a Wembley trip and maybe even promotion, during his tenure 

Your right ,, I think he was not ready for the job he inherited ( not his fault but mels) 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If he'd picked a weak side v Ipswich and Hull had smashed us he'd have got the blame for changing the team and losing momentum. 

Always happens during the cup games.

Manager picks reserve side and they lose next league match - "they didn't need resting! They had momentum."

Manager picks strong side and they lose next league match - "should have rested players so they were fresh for this."

We wanted to beat Ipswich. Why wouldn't we? He picked the team he felt was needed to win the game. Besides the best performance of the season came in the second leg without Thorne. He's only 1 player. We needed a lot more than Thorne to beat Hull that day.

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing. I would have picked mainly reserves but that’s just my opinion. With only 1 DM in the squad though he shouldn’t have been playing. At the time we could cover most positions  bar Thorne’s. I still think we would have beaten Hull over 2 legs if George still had 2 legs. Hull away was probably one of the best performance’s I have ever had the pleasure to witness in over 40 years of supporting Derby. But let’s not get carried away, It was a game where “ go for it” was the only option. Nothing to lose, the team, the fans were brilliant for sure, but the damage had already been done 

I really am amazed at the level of criticism and intransigent position taking on this thread. It is like the aftermath of a heavy defeat.

it wasn't ! Yes, lack lustre but rememeber Fulham were at home, played well, have some skilled players and, given their league position, were going to be giving this but gusting effort which we had to counter after our own wobble against Reading. 

There is a strong argument that maybe Martin could have added some control up top and that the balance of the team isn't getting the best out of Huddlestone. We did surrender the ball too often and didn't win seconds but we are clearly a much more resilient side these days. The football will get prettier especially at home. Gary is no fool. Our league position looks solid, the game is on and we are in it. 

23 minutes ago, jono said:

I really am amazed at the level of criticism and intransigent position taking on this thread. It is like the aftermath of a heavy defeat.

it wasn't ! Yes, lack lustre but rememeber Fulham were at home, played well, have some skilled players and, given their league position, were going to be giving this but gusting effort which we had to counter after our own wobble against Reading. 

There is a strong argument that maybe Martin could have added some control up top and that the balance of the team isn't getting the best out of Huddlestone. We did surrender the ball too often and didn't win seconds but we are clearly a much more resilient side these days. The football will get prettier especially at home. Gary is no fool. Our league position looks solid, the game is on and we are in it. 

Agree with this 100 percent, in time I believe the football will get better, and after 16 games we are in a good position, and some players like the 2 Toms will get better as the season goes on. Every game in the championship is a tough game, take a look at the table anyone can beat anyone, and for me the only team who looks a cut above the rest is Wolves at the mo.

Archived