Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Yes I do. They were the best I've seen us play for a long time. It's consistency we need. 

Play good week in week out.

I agree ! Surely that' what everyone wants and admittley it was the best I've seen us play under McClaren too but it was only ever in short bursts and time proved that. 

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

I agree ! Surely that' what everyone wants and admittley it was the best I've seen us play under McClaren too but it was only ever in short bursts and time proved that. 

Yes. I feel after seeing us destroy Forest and Brighton that season may be my mind only remembers the good games and not the scraping a 1 - 0 late on at Wednesday. 

I can't think that anyone would want anything less.

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

So why did we get our best result at Fulham for a few years then .  

This wasn't our best result at Fulham for a few years as we also drew last year against a better fulham side which made the play-offs. This side was very beatable but our first half performance was pedestrian and tactically inept. There are good reasons why Fulham are lying in 17th position. They have sold players, have an injured striker and no immediate replacement.

Just now, Harrowram said:

This wasn't our best result at Fulham for a few years as we also drew last year against a better fulham side which made the play-offs. This side was very beatable but our first half performance was pedestrian and tactically inept. There are good reasons why Fulham are lying in 17th position. They have sold players, have an injured striker and no immediate replacement.

There are reasons for us .

FFP 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

So do you want McClaren back as well ! 

No but I would like to see us play more positive football, especially against a side that has won at home only once this season.

When we do play more aggressively we look good, so why only do it for 15 minutes? Why do we hand over control of the midfield to a player of Tom Cairney's quality? That we didn’t concede from open play is a positive for me, but yesterday I felt that it was their lack of a finisher rather than our good defending that was the key factor in that. 

I would like to see Rowett be more adventurous with his tactics, that's all.

Just now, angieram said:

No but I would like to see us play more positive football, especially against a side that has won at home only once this season.

When we do play more aggressively we look good, so why only do it for 15 minutes? Why do we hand over control of the midfield to a player of Tom Cairney's quality? That we didn’t concede from open play is a positive for me, but yesterday I felt that it was their lack of a finisher rather than our good defending that was the key factor in that. 

I would like to see Rowett be more adventurous with his tactics, that's all.

I believe results at the start of the season and criticisms have resulted in what we get away from Home now to avoid Sheff U and Bristol City type results. 

I think Rowett needs to be a bit more adventurous from the start but players at his disposal are limited for this for 90 minutes away. 

He has after all not lost in 5 Away. 

32 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

"Gary Rowett's side were outplayed for long periods of the first half, with Carson superbly palming Ayite's header away before Norwood's opener.

They briefly improved after the break, but failed to carve out another clear sight of goal after Vydra's equaliser."

- Source: BBC

Fulham have played 17, and won 4 games and are 10 places below Derby. Yet played us off the park. 

Still, it's nearly Christmas. 

Nice build up play is all well and good but Scott Carson didn't have a lot to do. Derby didn't do enough to exploit their weaknesses and nullify their main threat which was Fredericks down the right. Fulham are a small team lacking physical presence yet we failed to force corners and get crosses in. They play a high line but we didn't do enough to exploit the space behind the defenders and when we did Nugent missed a good chance.

I have no doubt the person who wrote the match summary is a Fulham supporter and is very used to seeing the ball being zipped quickly from side to side in front of the box and the having an opposition defender win the ball and sending a striker away to score on the break.

Archived