Missing Person

robglosta

14 hours ago, wingfieldram said:

I must have been at a different game.....thought he was one of our better players today. He certainly didn't disappear.

Will be drowning my sorrows in Jaipur shortly!

In India? Or the Eponymous Derbyshire beer? Both fabulous! 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, robglosta said:

For 7m I’d expect a better ‘beat the first man’ ratio than 1:8. 

Wow, £7 million. Didn't realise. Hope things improve drastically then, or it starts to look like another in the long line of lousy big money signings. Can't blame this on Sam Rush & Chris Evans.... can we??

Just now, europia said:

Wow, £7 million. Didn't realise. Hope things improve drastically then, or it starts to look like another in the long line of lousy big money signings. Can't blame this one on Clement or Sam Rush & Chris Evans.... can we??

22 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Wasn’t Lawrence’s fault we lost today but he’s not doing enough. Replacing ince with him at the moment is like going from a Ferrari to a Peugeot. Should be dropped after the international break imo, he isn’t deserving of a place at the moment.

If we are going to use that analogy, Peugeot were Le Mans winners and World Rally Champions but only after they had spent time developing their cars.

welcome to Derby County Tom , your getting the flak because the skipper went off early , its usually his fault , wake up some of you so called fans , yes the result was disappointing , but it was down to the team as a whole and maybe the fact that Reading played very well and stuck to their team plan

On 11/4/2017 at 16:41, robglosta said:

Anyone seen Tom Lawrence?

If found please return to Leicester (preferably with a receipt).   

Yeh - I'd suggest it's probably about time we bashed a young lad who's been here a handful of games in a team that is playing dreadful football - Especially when we have zero backup for him so he's in the unenviable position of being undroppable because his replacement is average - Useful contribution

Almost as if there's this thing called time - Which passes - And over the course of it people have chance to adjust to new situations - In fact a whole group of people can do that - And the people in charge of them - All over a period of this thing called time

On 11/4/2017 at 17:14, Ninos said:

He won’t ever get dropped. He’s Rowetts marquis signing.

I thought we'd sent de Sart back?

:ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

welcome to Derby County Tom , your getting the flak because the skipper went off early , its usually his fault , wake up some of you so called fans , yes the result was disappointing , but it was down to the team as a whole and maybe the fact that Reading played very well and stuck to their team plan

Question the validity of their arguments - Not their status as fans - Fans are still allowed to question decisions and performances - It's more just a little short termist to have a pop at someone who's still new - Especially when the whole team has been relatively pants

And if everyone wants a proper scapegoat - Every single one of the Reading goals (I think) game down our LHS - At least 2 were woeful defending from the Fozz - Might be time to give him a bit of a rest

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 08:30, angieram said:

Wow! Thanks - I  do tend to believe Rowett is telling the truth. Maybe he meant most key passes of Welsh players named Tom Lawrence?  :lol:

I still think he will come good given time. Not sure he will get it from the majority of Derby fans given our track record.

Boo!

He only started scoring goals for Ipswich after Christmas last season. Give him time.

2 goals in 16 games pre-Christmas

9 goals in 15 games from Christmas to mid March.

6 minutes ago, admira said:

He only started scoring goals for Ipswich after Christmas last season. Give him time.

I am happy to give him time. I've seen him play home and away and took Rowett's comments at face value because I wouldn't have been surprised if they were true. 

The boo was sarcasm!

8 minutes ago, admira said:

If he doesn't have a better than 1 in 2 goal scoring record from Christmas onward someone is going to come back here and quote how 'wrong you were'

So for clarity - I'll write here that I assume you're using this in terms of "give him time cos he still needs to settle in - Not making any guarantees but this past example shows the value of patience" - The no-one can argue you were wrong

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Sorry just to clarify, I'm less of a fan because I think our flashy winger who keeps missing sitters should be dropped for a couple of games to reset?

Better toss my season ticket into the Derwent then.

18 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Sorry just to clarify, I'm less of a fan because I think our flashy winger who keeps missing sitters should be dropped for a couple of games to reset?

Better toss my season ticket into the Derwent then.

sorry , my mistake , i thought a fan supported their team through thick and thin , not jump on individuals backs as soon as things dont go to plan, after the run we have had its priceless some of the reactions on here since saturday

6 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

sorry , my mistake , i thought a fan supported their team through thick and thin , not jump on individuals backs as soon as things dont go to plan, after the run we have had its priceless some of the reactions on here since saturday

How long do fans have to wait to discuss areas of potential weakness?

I would have put Lawrence in the stiffs for a few games to get his goal mojo into action but...

4 hours ago, Premier ram said:

To be fair there are some who have questioned our performances throughout our winning streak but been shouted down as negative because we are picking up points.

So when exactly is constructive criticism allowed?

I, probably like you, choose to ignore knee jerk reactions posted after the final whistle but in the days after the match do like to listen to peoples opinions on both team, player and manager performance but it appears some don't like the idea of this even being discussed?

He did well for Ipswich last year scored a cracking goal recently for Wales, maybe we should look at ourselves as a club and have a think why some players find it difficult to replicate their previous form when they arrive cause he certainly ain't the first to find it hard to settle in.

Archived