Cardiff V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

This must be a massive dilemma for ninos...

Rowetts team playing massively better

But Martin's a major factor in it.....

Errrrrr,overload,overload!

Where's the dilemma? I don't think he should or will start v Forest. You'll see Vydra behind Nugent probably. But he did well today. Good move to put him in cuz Winnall wasn't keeping the ball up there.  Lawrence was the best player by a stretch  (be nice to see end product) and Fozzys forward runs were menacing. Johnson stepped up second half, as did almost all of them.

im very upset cuz we deserved 2-3 points there not 1.

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Where's the dilemma? I don't think he should or will start v Forest. You'll see Vydra behind Nugent probably. But he did well today. Good move to put him in cuz Winnall wasn't keeping the ball up there.  Lawrence was the best player by a stretch  (be nice to see end product) and Fozzys forward runs were menacing. Johnson stepped up second half, as did almost all of them.

How do you get 2 points then?!?

Carson 6, Wisdom 8, Keogh 8, Davies 7, Forsyth 7, Huddlestone 6, Ledley 6, Lawrence 5, Johnson 4,  Russell 8, Winnall 7

Martin 8, Nugent 8.

Solid performance in the first half with counter attacking let down by greedy Lawrence, useless Johnson and very little support.

Solid performance for 20mins of the second half but more of the same.

Then Nugent and Martin did what Lawrence, Johnson and Winnall didn't have the skill to do. The composure yet aggressive possession they brought made us a real counter attacking threat. Forsyth really pressed forward. Wisdom was a monster. Ledley faded badly and Tom never really does more than great cameos during any game.

A couple of breaks involving Martin and Nugent had end product and intelligence.

A couple that included Lawrence and Johnson had greed and more greed. Lawrence wasn't fouled for either of his promising moments. He ran into trouble both times and was tackled.

Johnson  had 2 opportunities to free teammates from promising positions and had a... shot? I think they were shots... from miles away.

On the balance I think Derby will be more gutted to not bag 3 points. Can't complain about a draw. We didn't quite do enough. Our attacking still resembles chaos. Thetes a real lack of understanding there. At the back we looked solid and I can only remember Davies getting murdered for Keogh to make a last man block that Cardiff had

22 minutes ago, blackNwhites said:

Ball control? His is much worse than Johnson and he offers nothing in link up play. He's more selfish than Lawrence but without he skill.

Wait are you seriously suggesting that Johnson has better ball control than Vydra ? Is this a joke ?

16 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yeah,two points good,three points better?

Good to see you accept Martin's  contribution and the value of hold up play in the final third.

Personally I think we will see Nugent and Martin starting against the dogs but I'm not adverse to vydra being involved too.

Now,I've unblocked you ninos,so play nice,argue sensibly so we can all be friends

I'll make less memes about you too in recompense?

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Carson 6, Wisdom 8, Keogh 8, Davies 7, Forsyth 7, Huddlestone 6, Ledley 6, Lawrence 5, Johnson 4,  Russell 8, Winnall 7

Martin 8, Nugent 8.

Solid performance in the first half with counter attacking let down by greedy Lawrence, useless Johnson and very little support.

Solid performance for 20mins of the second half but more of the same.

Then Nugent and Martin did what Lawrence, Johnson and Winnall didn't have the skill to do. The composure yet aggressive possession they brought made us a real counter attacking threat. Forsyth really pressed forward. Wisdom was a monster. Ledley faded badly and Tom never really does more than great cameos during any game.

A couple of breaks involving Martin and Nugent had end product and intelligence.

A couple that included Lawrence and Johnson had greed and more greed. Lawrence wasn't fouled for either of his promising moments. He ran into trouble both times and was tackled.

Johnson  had 2 opportunities to free teammates from promising positions and had a... shot? I think they were shots... from miles away.

On the balance I think Derby will be more gutted to not bag 3 points. Can't complain about a draw. We didn't quite do enough. Our attacking still resembles chaos. Thetes a real lack of understanding there. At the back we looked solid and I can only remember Davies getting murdered for Keogh to make a last man block that Cardiff had

I doubt it's going to happen but I really hope Johnson gets dropped. Ledley is better in midfield and we have better options for attacking positions. It's criminal how much the play breaks down with him

Archived