Cardiff V Derby County

peachmyster

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps if Rowett set the team up to play attacking football, rather than hoofball with no midfield Martin might have scored by now.

Well most of the games Martin has not scored in were not under Rowett now what excuse are you going to come up with 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

What's a that supposed to prove I've been to the match  Both players played their part surely that's all that matters By your analogy if Martin had played 90mins he would have made 42passes 3more than BJ  Surely more important facts would be one has scored two goals this season the other none In fact one hasn't scored in his last 23 league games for Derby and he's a striker  

Read what I was replying to. 

23 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Beat me to it, wonder why some stats are missing from the post e.g. tackling etc.

Why can't people accept both players played their part in a good second half performance

If I put the stats for tackling and interceptions up it will say Johnson 1. 

Because Johnson didn't play well. Read the post I was replying to. It was one pointing out that Johnson is good based on a good pass while Martin misplaced some passes and we shouldn't hype his display up.

That's why I quoted him in my post. Because it was a response.

considering we were playing the league leaders away, that was a great point.

If we can win the next couple at home, and same again away, we have a platform to

move up the table. I thought that we improved with Martin up front, and Nugent was unlucky.

All in all, a big improvement.

12 minutes ago, Topram said:

Also to joe ledley who thanked the Cardiff fans for the reception which was awful I'll thank myself and the 1300 that travelled 4 hours plus to watch that s**** 

Give the lad a chance to tweet, was one of the players that came over the clap fans at the end as well.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The rest were.

What he's only been back for Rowetts last 10 league games so who did he play the other 13 under Don't get me wrong I'm a Martin fan he's a good player but the only way you get anything out of him is to set the team up to suit him Rowett like Pearson is not prepared to do that You make a big thing about Rowett playing long ball Well I've been to every match this season and we didn't play that way at Bolton or against Preston and Hull  If you want a long ball manager look at Warnock and were Cardiff are in the league 

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

What he's only been back for Rowetts last 10 league games so who did he play the other 13 under Don't get me wrong I'm a Martin fan he's a good player but the only way you get anything out of him is to set the team up to suit him

The old 'Martin can only play one way' bananas! Even Rowett reckoned he could play a no10. #yawn

Thought we were good today, excellent in defence and alright in attack overall. 

First half looked solid but never like threatening, second half with Martin coming on we looked more dangerous.

Not Johnsons brightest moment talking himself into a yellow card, now misses Forest. But think we can go with an extra attacker when at home to put pressure on opposition. 

2 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Thought we were good today, excellent in defence and alright in attack overall. 

First half looked solid but never like threatening, second half with Martin coming on we looked more dangerous.

Not Johnsons brightest moment talking himself into a yellow card, now misses Forest. But think we can go with an extra attacker when at home to put pressure on opposition. 

Could have been a deliberate yellow... Better he misses a home game than an away game.

30 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If I put the stats for tackling and interceptions up it will say Johnson 1. 

Because Johnson didn't play well. Read the post I was replying to. It was one pointing out that Johnson is good based on a good pass while Martin misplaced some passes and we shouldn't hype his display up.

That's why I quoted him in my post. Because it was a response.

I get that, however you rated the players based upon your opinion, and then brought stats into it to disapprove somebody's else's.  You say Johnson didn't play well based upon stats or your view off his performance, because if you are using the former he did as well as Martin surely?

By the way I thought they both did well, Martin shading it with the ball and Johnson without.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The old 'Martin can only play one way' bananas! Even Rowett reckoned he could play a no10. #yawn

Yep,load of bull

He's not playing his traditional role at the minute,he's feeding everyone else,rather unselfishly and doing a good job of it too....

And it won't do any harm to reintroduce Martin more to the team,if Gary wants it to integrate more...no one links them up like he does.

I've never bought into the idea that martin and nugent can't play together. But I think for a home game we should have vydra. We have so many options for central strikers but boy I wish we had those options in midfield. 

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yep,load of bull

He's not playing his traditional role at the minute,he's feeding everyone else,rather unselfishly and doing a good job of it too....

And it won't do any harm to reintroduce Martin more to the team,if Gary wants it to integrate more...no one links them up like he does.

Nobody does it better,
Makes me feel sad for the rest,
Nobody does it half as good as you,
Chrissy, you're the best!

Archived