Cardiff V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Useless 

And why does GR keep bringing up that game in hand? Sounding like a desperate man  

Drops baited hook, waits for bites.

22 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Don't make more of the Martin appearance than it was. Game called for it. Excellent decisions by GR. Horses for courses here. He made at least 3 bad passes but contributed well to our general attacking play for sure but his days as a goalscorer seem long gone. It's a shame the forward contingent struggles to finish  unless Vydra is somehow involved. Nugent is out of form in his finishing. Should have had the one. Lawrence was creating a ton all afternoon.

Best player was Davies followed by Fozzy Wisdom and Lawrence. Rowett has found his defence now. They were stoic and in the second half menacing going forward. The #10 role is still open but with Johnson out Vydra will get his chance v Forest - I'm sure Warburton will worry most about a Vydra Nugent combo.

And don't downplay it either just to satisfy your bias...

If he had been passed to,we could have been two up and he changed the game around when he came on,providing the balance and hold up play we have sorely lacked ninos....

Nugent and vydra are better players when Martin is the fulcrum and gr has seen that first hand at last and light might finally dawned...his post match interview said as much.

Just be happy for the team lad,a much improved performance,no need to try,laughably,to attempt to knock down its pivotal figure when it's not necessary.

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Wait are you seriously suggesting that Johnson has better ball control than Vydra ? Is this a joke ?

I can only surmise hat you think that Vydra has good ball control, in which case I assume the joke is that you're winding me up?

Vydra and ball control? No. Even if he could control a ball, he'd have to be able to pass it, which he cannot and renders him absolutely pointless in anybody's first 11. He doesn't even have a good relationship with Nugent, that is a myth as far as I can see.

---------

Back onto the game anyway, sorry for going off topic. Martin changed the game and then Nugent coming in made us even stronger towards the end. Much better performance today, but Cardiff didn't offer much did they?

Weve got to stop thinking either Nugent or Winnall are able to play lone striker roles, especially when we're long ball merchants.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

You accuse @wixman of bias yet every opportunity you get to minimise or criticise Martins' contribution you put the boot in. Talk about hypocritical 

No. I thought he did quite well, but to go over the top like he was the superstar of the game is a bit ridiculous. Did he seriously misplay a few passes? You'd think not based on what some have said. Wixman was slamming Rowett pre game calling for a Mac return - all because he wants martin in there. Give me a break. GR will prove that he will use the resources at his disposal to drive the club forward.

Doesn't that strike you as more bias? Martin and 4-3-3 at all costs?  A lot on here want Martin and Mac back when in reality it's an ok player and an utterly lousy ex manager.

And we've got a potentially great manager here now. I'll stick with the current manager and his decisions. Chew on that.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If he had been passed to,we could have been two up and he changed the game around when he came on,providing the balance and hold up play we have sorely lacked ninos....

Nugent and vydra are better players when Martin is the fulcrum and gr has seen that first hand at last and light might finally dawned...his post match interview said as much.

Just be happy for the team lad,a much improved performance,no need to try,laughably,to attempt to knock down its pivotal figure when it's not necessary.

Spot on. 

Played for a clean sheet and got a clean sheet.

GR recognised that we need to be better in possession.

We had twice as much possession as v brentford and therefore restricted cardiff to a very limited number of chances, and we even created a few decent chances to win. This was therefore a much more worthy draw.

Carson 7

Wisdom 7

Davies 7.5

Keogh 8

Forsyth 5

Ledley 5

Huddlestone 6

Johnson 5

Lawrence 6

Russell 5

Winnall 4

Subs: Martin 6, Nugent 6.

Martin and Nugent combined well. Lawrence ran a lot but his end product and decision-making were poor. Johnson is not a forward.

A battling performance which nearly yielded three points. It wasn't pretty but it was effective. Well done Derby. 

Must have disappointed the man in the end of our row who called every one of our players a useless C&&t during the game.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I was delighted with the TEAMs performance, pleased that he brought Martin on, pleased with Martin, extremely pleased with Rowett. I'll leave it at that. I'm not buying the hyperbole though sorry.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Carson 7

Wisdom 7

Davies 7.5

Keogh 8

Forsyth 5

Ledley 5

Huddlestone 6

Johnson 5

Lawrence 6

Russell 5

Winnall 4

Subs: Martin 6, Nugent 6.

Martin and Nugent combined well. Lawrence ran a lot but his end product and decision-making were poor. Johnson is not a forward.

A battling performance which nearly yielded three points. It wasn't pretty but it was effective. Well done Derby. 

Must have disappointed the man in the end of our row who called every one of our players a useless C&&t during the game.

Fozzy 5? Maybe first half but he had a stormer second half 

Lot of talk about Lawrence tonight. The guy is clearly still very raw and might need time to settle here. Has shown plenty of glimpses of genuine class and talent. Let's just give him time.

On another note: Joe Ledley. Absolute class today. Proper professional performance, and has added some much needed grit and steel to this side. Could end up being a very smart signing. 

14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

No. I thought he did quite well, but to go over the top like he was the superstar of the game is a bit ridiculous. Did he seriously misplay a few passes? You'd think not based on what some have said. Wixman was slamming Rowett pre game calling for a Mac return - all because he wants martin in there. Give me a break. GR will prove that he will use the resources at his disposal to drive the club forward.

Doesn't that strike you as more bias? Martin and 4-3-3 at all costs?  A lot on here want Martin and Mac back when in reality it's an ok player and an utterly lousy ex manager.

And we've got a potentially great manager here now. I'll stick with the current manager and his decisions. Chew on that.

I think for you to be right on GR you will be wrong with Martin.  He hasn't got another player in the squad that can hold the ball up and bring others into play like he can, and if he can get the right balance Martin is good enough to get us is the top 6.  The problem when he was playing for Mac was that we had no alternatives, rowett had a front line most teams would be envious of in this league, he now has to find a way or ways to beat utilise them.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

On another note: Joe Ledley. Absolute class today. Proper professional performance, and has added some much needed grit and steel to this side. Could end up being a very smart signing. 

Lucky signing you mean, wouldn't be here if we'd signed Keif.

Archived