Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he goes tonight. I've already said the line up reminded me of Clement's last game at Fulham. I think it would be a ridiculous decision, but I can seriously see it happening...

One game off I think, can see us getting dicked at the weekend like 5-0 and him being sacked then and there. International break to get a new manager in. That little possession hardly suits the Derby way...

Whys everyone so surprised here. You can't go away and play open football if you've got tinpot players. He set up to play feisty defensive counter attacking and almost pulled it off. Weimann utterly killed us and the midfield weren't keeping the ball very well but Cardiff will have a tough time breaking us. Defence was a rock. Again as on Satdee the lack of quality from various individuals at key moments was astonishing. 

Just now, Ninos said:

Whys everyone so surprised here. You can't go away and play open football if you've got tinpot players. He set up to play feisty defensive counter attacking and almost pulled it off. Weimann utterly killed us and the midfield weren't keeping the ball very well but Cardiff will have a tough time breaking us. Defence was a rock. Again as on Satdee the lack of quality from various individuals at key moments was astonishing. 

You are gay rowett and I claim my millions.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, that got progressively more terrible, at least nuge and vydra tried.

Not long ago we could choose between Hendrick, bryson and Hughes for attacking midfield.

Tonight we played Bradley Johnson there.

Yey.

AT LEAST VYDRA TRIED!!!!! You will delete that post when you see their goal back 

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

And the official DCFC report insists:

”With little time remaining, Gary Rowett’s side piled on the attacking pressure, but in the end there was simply not enough time to force two extra points from the fixture.”

Piling on the pressure, the Derby Way!

Yeah that one shot in the entire game after the goal must have sent Brentford’s defence into a right panic!

9 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rowett: "We started well, we wanted to play a bit higher and press and we did that to start of with."

Wow. If that’s a performance of a team who were told pre match to play high up and press then I just don’t get it. Couldn’t have been further away from that.

To be fair to him he said for the first 10 minutes. If you're going to quote him it's only fair to do it properly.

12 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Shows how far backwards we've gone that we're pleased with a draw at Brentford.

Yep, we lost there 4-0 last season....and interestingly we also lost 2-1 to miss-table Brentford with Mac in charge in 2014 when we were top back in the 'schexy football' days. Although granted we won there with Wassall. 

I'm pleased we've not lost, I'm not pleased we've not won. I'd have been delighted with scoring a late equaliser just as I am p'd off about conceding a late leveller, I'm disappointed that we've parked the bus, just as I was disappointed that Birmingham parked the bus.......plenty more ups and downs to come no doubt. Hold on tight!! ?

Archived