Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

Tuesday 26th September 2017 Kick off 745pm Griffin Park

Ok then people i get to stay on the Match day thread as we drew 

Right we move on from the draw against Birmingham not a bad performance as we did not lose and came from behind.

GR said there would be changers , what will he do , we are away from home lets put it right with an away win

Come on you Rams 

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson

Thorne

Ledley Johnson

Lawrence Winnall Vydra

Not what I would go with, but what I’m expecting given his post match comments.

You think he would start with 2 players in midfield that haven't played 90 minutes of first team football in months? 

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh Davies  Olson

Huddlestone

Bennett   Johnson   Ledley  Lawrence

Winnall

Or

Carson

Wisdon Keogh  Davies  Olson

Bennett  Johnson  Huddlestone  Lawrence

Vydra

Winnall

Or something else altogether.

We were absolutely dicked by these last year under Rowett, hopefully we'll show a bit of backbone this time. 

Flood the midfield, 4-5-1. Get players close to Huddlestone, wingers supporting their fullbacks more and play on the counter. I don't see any other way. Winnall up top, whoever is going to play will be isolated I'm sure so might as well go with someone who is a nuisance. I like Nuge but he's not giving us much at the moment, change it up. 

Unless a few of our big players put in a big performance I can't see us getting anything. Lawrence/Vydra I'm looking at you. 

Carson
              Wisdom Keogh Shackell Olsson
                             Huddlestone
                          Ledley Johnson
                   Bennett Winnall Lawrence

He has to do something different for away games. I'd go back to 433 but really push Johnson forward and let Ledley sit along side Huddlestone. Another 3/4 goals defeat and I can't see Rowett lasting much longer sadly. 

Not sure why I'm even thinking this but old fashioned 4-4-2, basic stuff that every footballer should be able to understand what their role is. 

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Olsson

Anya  Huddlestone  Johnson  Lawrence

Vydra

Martin  

Behind Deeney is where Vydra shined, was apparently excited to playing behind Martin when he arrived to see him leave not long after. We haven't seen it yet fully, why not? Winnall? Good call, would like to see him more but this Vydra and Martin scratch needs itching so bad just to see. 

Anya was part of that Watford side, as much as I have defended Weimann he hasn't been doing it for us the last couple of games going forward. Anya will run all day long, offer protection at the back for the tank when he rolls forward. More of a natural fit at RM than a player that likes to play behind the striker.

Lawrence, 4-4-2 will be in him after his spell under McCarthy, back on the left allowing him to cut in on that right foot.

The rest? what else could you do. Everytime I hear Baird mentioned as DM I cringe, you can't expect Ledley to start a game having played 0 football since early June. Needs to come on at some point though, needs half hour to get some football in his legs.

Guy, Bird? Maybe, prefer to bring youngsters into a side playing with confidence, not one that still isn't sure what it's doing and scrapping for points.

Forsyth? Hard to know what's happened to him, hasn't looked right since coming back, question marks over fitness?

Russell not worth thinking about in your internet dream team until Rowett reveals what has happened.

Archived