Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

Easy to say from here on the sofa, but so long as we keep a clean sheet I'm not too fussed.

It looks a bit poor if we don't have a kick then capitulate second half though. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't think I've seen stats like that for a derby team ever?

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't think I've seen stats like that for a derby team ever?

77 passes & only 43 completed - I know there's only 1 stat that counts but that is very telling.  Be very surprised if we survive another 45 like that 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't think I've ever seen a stat for possession like that for derby?

Well, as we all know, possession means Jack s*** in the modern game. We need to get it way more down to about 5% before we can claim to be a decent side. And don't worry, Gazzer is the man to take us there...midfield possession is very passé {pronounced pass-ay}:mellow:

Reading comments on here without knowing the score and you'd think we were a few down at half time. I don't know if those commenting on how bad it is are watching, or if they've just seen the 83% v 17% and drawn their own conclusions but here's a couple of comments from Brentford fans...

"Derby are strong and organised and break quickly. Call it anti football if you like, but it looks very professional to me."

"Derby defending very well, came with a game plan and are sticking to it very well."

Other comments suggesting they've been very poor and look like 'relegation fodder'. You of course have the usual comments slating the way we're playing, described as 'northern cloggers' by one chap.

Fascinating how the same game can be portrayed so differently based on who you follow.

Archived