Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Never said they're crap, and take your point they're a decent team. But this is Derby we're talking about. 30,000 plus every home game. An expensive squad and a club with rightly high expectations. 17% possession????? Let's stop offering excuses for less than mediocre football!!! We deserve better surely, ffs!

Brace yourself

1 minute ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Never said they're crap, and take your point they're a decent team. But this is Derby we're talking about. 30,000 plus every home game. An expensive squad and a club with rightly high expectations. 17% possession????? Let's stop offering excuses for less than mediocre football!!! We deserve better surely, ffs!

Are the 30,000 allowed to play? Makes no difference to how a team plays does it.

2 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Maybe the re-appointment of clement pad our possession up to 80% with slow sideways passing & failing to score ??

im only messing, i get your point but i'll be happy with no possession & grinding out a win tonight after the last two games then hopefully improve from here

Just now, admira said:

I’ve been watching us for 40 plus years and am struggling to think of us playing worse than this. How we are winning with 18% possession I’ve no idea. And yes I’m at the game 

You're at the game but don't know how we're winning!!! Have you tried facing the pitch?

Wish everyone would calm down & accept we are a team in transition who has shipped 10 goals in the last 3 away games in the league & cup. If we end up with 5% possession tonight and come away with a clean sheet & 3 points then I'll be a happy man.

if we have to have a few ugly games whilst we are rebuilding & re establishing our team identity then so be it. We have too many good players to be like this for long but even good players need time to adapt to a new way of playing.

Give everyone a break & get behind the team....

3 minutes ago, admira said:

I’ve been watching us for 40 plus years and am struggling to think of us playing worse than this. How we are winning with 18% possession I’ve no idea. And yes I’m at the game 

I love how we just wipe 'that' season in the prem from all living memory. That was the worst id seen us play in living memory 

Archived