Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

22 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Reading comments on here without knowing the score and you'd think we were a few down at half time. I don't know if those commenting on how bad it is are watching, or if they've just seen the 83% v 17% and drawn their own conclusions but here's a couple of comments from Brentford fans...

"Derby are strong and organised and break quickly. Call it anti football if you like, but it looks very professional to me."

"Derby defending very well, came with a game plan and are sticking to it very well."

Other comments suggesting they've been very poor and look like 'relegation fodder'. You of course have the usual comments slating the way we're playing, described as 'northern cloggers' by one chap.

Fascinating how the same game can be portrayed so differently based on who you follow.

Exactly. Gary Rowett's anti-football army...

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long ball to Winnall just then. Brentford deal with it. Falls to Johnson on the edge of the box with space. Loses the ball doesn’t attempt a pass or shot. Noone else around to support. That’s the beginning and end of how we’re using our (limited) possession.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Simple question lads and lasses. Would you rather have 65% possession and lose 1-0 or 20% possession and win 1-0?

I agree with this sentiment. But from what I’m seeing I’d be surprised if we keep a clean sheet playing this way.

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

if we have to have a few ugly games whilst we are rebuilding & re establishing our team identity then so be it. We have too many good players to be like this for long but even good players need time to adapt to a new way of playing.

How many years does Rowett get this excuse for? He's been here more than a few games now. I didn't see people giving McClaren this patience when things weren't going great. I personally preferred when our identity was passing and scoring goals. 

5 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Never said they're crap, and take your point they're a decent team. But this is Derby we're talking about. 30,000 plus every home game. An expensive squad and a club with rightly high expectations. 17% possession????? Let's stop offering excuses for less than mediocre football!!! We deserve better surely, ffs!

I don't really see why paying way too much for average players (at best) entitles us to anything. Also we used to get 30,000 plus - it's about 24k so far this year- Preston: 24, 371 (1000 Preston), Wolves: 27, 757 (3000 Wolves), Hull: 25,107 (1000 of them were Hull), Brum: 27, 932 (3,000 Brum), 

Just now, The Arch Deacon said:

One of the excusers then???

How is it an excuse? 30,000 in the seats with a decent amount of them moaning and booing at every bad touch can create a bad atmosphere for a home team to play in and they can't get on the pitch and help score goals.

Archived