Brentford V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

How many times have teams done the same to us and kept clean sheets when we've battered them at Pride Park?

...and we've all gone home thinking "we may have been burgled but thank f*** we don't have to watch drab football like that every week"

time's a changed

14 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I don't like it but ok we're not a possession based team. Which means we need to be s*** rather than leggy as Rowett recently described us as.

Ftfy

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Simple question lads and lasses. Would you rather have 65% possession and lose 1-0 or 20% possession and win 1-0?

It depends how entertaining we are with the 65% possession. If we absolutely batter them for 90 mins playing like we did under Mac1 I'd be disappointed, but at least I'd be entertained. Playing like we do tonight is only worth it if we actually manage to limp to the win - if it doesn't produce results then it is double crap.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I don't really see why paying way too much for average players (at best) entitles us to anything. Also we used to get 30,000 plus - it's about 24k so far this year- Preston: 24, 371 (1000 Preston), Wolves: 27, 757 (3000 Wolves), Hull: 25,107 (1000 of them were Hull), Brum: 27, 932 (3,000 Brum), 

I stand corrected. Let's call it circa 25000 fans watching this dross every week!! And to the 5000 that have dropped off this season! Where the hell are you on a Saturday afternoon!!!! You're missing a treat!!!!

4 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Not many are saying anything positive tonight, so I will. We have been really good defensively this second half. They really haven't had many major chances for all their possession, only one header.

I agree with this. Don’t think our defence has been the issue for a few seasons now (yet they’ll still get criticised if we concede). It’s the supporting cast that let down the hard work of the back 4. I’m also baffled how little creativity we have with the attacking options we have. Just inviting pressure on our defence. 

Archived