Barnsley v Derby County

Leicester Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I'm glad Rowett is unleashing king George. Thorne needs to play now and we should stop with the worrying and the caution business. He needs to get stuck in. Reality is he had a broken leg - that isn't likely to happen again. Ever. But with a long leg layoff injury like that your other leg muscles weaken - hamstrings, quads, calves - but these are niggly little injuries and he's still young. Take the shackells off and let him play for crying out loud. All 90 minutes. Then to the first team bench on the weekend then it's on like donkey kong for our best player. 

I think George will get 60-75 minutes. He has only had 2 under 23 matches, last one was over 2 weeks ago and he lasted 75 minutes. We need to be smart with him and keep him fit and ticking over.

2 hours ago, bristolram said:

Mitchell
Anya Pearce Shackell Forsyth
           Baird  Hanson
Russell     Winnall   Lawrence
                 Martin

Carson, Wisdom, Thorne, Johnson, Bennett, Weimann, Nugent

Hanson is injured.

Winnall is cuptied.

Mitchell isn't a right back.

Trouble is ive never seen a player who was injury prone to beat being injury prone.

I hope im wrong but i cant see George lasting more than a game or two,not his fault just the way his body is and the way he plays.

Hes a grafting mid and he gets stuck in,his legs let him down.

Like i said really hope m wrong.

8 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Trouble is ive never seen a player who was injury prone to beat being injury prone.

I hope im wrong but i cant see George lasting more than a game or two,not his fault just the way his body is and the way he plays.

Hes a grafting mid and he gets stuck in,his legs let him down.

Like i said really hope m wrong.

He had played 32 games in 15/16 when an opposition player broke both of the bones in his lower leg with an ill-jugged tackle. I'm not sure how it is possible to be "prone" to something like that.

My reading of the press comments is that Thorne and Bird will start, Guy will be on the bench, Wisdom will start (but Baird keeps his place in the league team) while Davies and Olsson will miss out due to minor knocks. Huddlestone and Johnson will be rested. That last point brutally exposes the lack of depth we all know we have in midfield having let three players out on deadline day. Even if rested, I suggest one or both needs to be on the bench.

Thorne won't be risked for the full game. Guy has only been training for a few days after a five month layoff. The hope is presumably that Guy can take over from Thorne at some point. It suggests, all else equal, 16 year old (and three-quarters) Max Bird will play the full game. Let's hope he rises to and embraces the occasion.

Unless it's all a cunning double-bluff from Rowett and we play the same team that demolished Hull. I would like to keep opponents guessing sometimes, rather than spell it all out to them in news stories.

Archived