Barnsley v Derby County

Leicester Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2017 at 23:48, ollycutts1982 said:

Great win tonight. My only concern was when GR said Thorne will start but probably sooner than they'd like. I really don't want us rushing him back. Having said that I'd love him to come through 70-80mins. 

Bit concerned by that as well.If we were going to treat him in a certain way prior to the potential future midfield problems,I think they should have stuck to the plan.Hope we don't regret it,because this is a vital few months for George,with his contract up for renewal

7 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Bit concerned by that as well.If we were going to treat him in a certain way prior to the potential future midfield problems,I think they should have stuck to the plan.Hope we don't regret it,because this is a vital few months for George,with his contract up for renewal

Just renew. Stop messing about. Another 3 years please Mel.

Mitchell
Baird Pearce Shackell Forsyth
           Thorne  Bird
Russell     Winnall       Anya
                 Martin

Carson, Keogh, Olsson, Johnson, Lawrence, Weimann, Nugent

Freshen things up. Give the squad players a go. 

I'd love to see how Thorne and Bird get on in the middle. I hope they can solve our absence of cover in the middle of the park.

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Just renew. Stop messing about. Another 3 years please Mel.

Not for me.  One year 'pay as you play' is what I'd offer. I think he may turn it down but we can't afford to pay someone his wages when he plays around a third of the games over 3 years. 

I'm really excited about seeing George playing again but also incredibly nervous.  I hope we're not rushing him back too soon but we don't seem to have any other option.  I'll be wincing every time he goes into a 50:50 / makes a tackle / runs!  Good luck George.

34 minutes ago, SKRam said:

We seem to be split between playing the winning league team or resting and playing fringe/squad players. Can see argument for both so I'll have to let Gary decide this one, splinters in my butt.  :whistle:

It's good to give reserves players a go, but when you make lots of changes, you just end up with a dis-jointed performance where everyone looks a bit average. We are seeing our first team starting to gel a bit now after some rustiness in the first few games. You could argue that at this stage, another game playing together is more beneficial than a midweek off.

I'd go for a same team as against Hull, but with Wisdom and Forsyth and perhaps one different player up front. Try and give George a runout from the bench and another 2 forwards a good 30 mins too.

Mitchell

wisdom.      Keogh.      Pearce.       Forsyth

.             Thorne.     Johnson

.     Russell.      Lawrence.       Bennett

.                      Martin

Subs - bird, Baird, shackell, Vydra, Anya, Roos, guy

I would guess at Mitchell; Wisdom, Pearce, Shackell, Forsyth; Thorne, Bird; Bennett, Vydra, Russell; Martin

Vydra wants to keep playing, keep his form up and improve his match sharpness so I think Gary will give him the chance to do so again.

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

I would guess at Mitchell; Wisdom, Pearce, Shackell, Forsyth; Thorne, Bird; Bennett, Vydra, Russell; Martin

Vydra wants to keep playing, keep his form up and improve his match sharpness so I think Gary will give him the chance to do so again.

That's pretty much what I'd play. Winnall would play for me if he wasn't cup tied  (which I believe he is?). I think it's too important to see if Thorne is ready and whether Bird can cut it not to start them.

I'm glad Rowett is unleashing king George. Thorne needs to play now and we should stop with the worrying and the caution business. He needs to get stuck in. Reality is he had a broken leg - that isn't likely to happen again. Ever. But with a long leg layoff injury like that your other leg muscles weaken - hamstrings, quads, calves - but these are niggly little injuries and he's still young. Take the shackells off and let him play for crying out loud. All 90 minutes. Then to the first team bench on the weekend then it's on like donkey kong for our best player. 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

It's good to give reserves players a go, but when you make lots of changes, you just end up with a dis-jointed performance where everyone looks a bit average. We are seeing our first team starting to gel a bit now after some rustiness in the first few games. You could argue that at this stage, another game playing together is more beneficial than a midweek off.

I'd go for a same team as against Hull, but with Wisdom and Forsyth and perhaps one different player up front. Try and give George a runout from the bench and another 2 forwards a good 30 mins too.

So a different team then?

42 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That's pretty much what I'd play. Winnall would play for me if he wasn't cup tied  (which I believe he is?). I think it's too important to see if Thorne is ready and whether Bird can cut it not to start them.

Yes Winnall is cup tied, played Sheff Wed in this round against Bolton.

Archived