• Last Reply
12 hours ago, McLovin said:

That's great news if Thorne can start. If that's true then

Mitchell

Baird   Keogh   Pearce   Forsyth

Thorne    Johnson

Russell         vydra       Lawrence

Martin

I'd roughly go with this but id honestly start bird with Thorne. We need to have a look at whether he can be called upon as the season wears on plus given that Huddlestone and Johnson are the only two 'reliable' midfielders I would them rested for this game.

1 hour ago, hiltonram said:

Mitchell

baird    shackell    pearce    forsyth

hanson   thorne

russell    martin      anya

bennett

something like this looks about right - maybe rest Baird (can he do 2 games in quick succession?) and bring back wisdom

wouldn't want to see Johnson, Hudds or Lawrence in starting line up as I think they need to be rested as far as possible.

9 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I'd roughly go with this but id honestly start bird with Thorne. We need to have a look at whether he can be called upon as the season wears on plus given that Huddlestone and Johnson are the only two 'reliable' midfielders I would them rested for this game.

I think that is exactly what Rowett was implying in his post match interview - that he needs to take a look at him before making a decision on whether he needs to go out and fill that slot. 

Just now, angieram said:

I think that is exactly what Rowett was implying in his post match interview - that he needs to take a look at him before making a decision on whether he needs to go out and fill that slot. 

He can't bring anyone in of note can he. 

The window is closed 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I don't get too excited about Thorne anymore but I really hope he can return as a decent player. 

Well that's put a dampner on my mood.:(

Mitchell 

wisdom pearce shackell Forsyth 

Thorne Bird 

Bennett    Vydra.   Russell     

Martin 

assuming wisdom is well enough to play and possibly Rowett may play Russell behind Martin and Lawrence on the left.

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Mitchell 

wisdom pearce shackell Forsyth 

Thorne Bird 

Bennett    Vydra.   Russell     

Martin 

assuming wisdom is well enough to play and possibly Rowett may play Russell behind Martin and Lawrence on the left.

I think one or other of your options will be pretty close. 

17 minutes ago, curtains said:

He did but that's a different level. 

Of course it is, and this is the next step to getting back up to the level he needs to be to play week in week out.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

I suppose but their wages may be the stumbling block with say th likes of Joe Ledley 

Maybe so, which is why this is an ideal game to see how Thorne/Bird or anyone else is ready to be involved. Doesn't effect the aim of the season in promotion and may save us having to spend more money.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Of course it is, and this is the next step to getting back up to the level he needs to be to play week in week out.

Maybe so, which is why this is an ideal game to see how Thorne/Bird or anyone else is ready to be involved. Doesn't effect the aim of the season in promotion and may save us having to spend more money.

Yes but I do want to play Spurs at Wembley so I'd play a very strong team at Barnsley 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Yes but I do want to play Spurs at Wembley so I'd play a very strong team at Barnsley 

Need to look at the bigger picture and see that promotion is more important than a one off game against Spurs reserves. Get promoted and we will play there next season against their full team.

47 minutes ago, rynny said:

There are one or two decent free transfers that are available.

Thank you, Rynny. I think he will look for someone only if he thinks he needs the cover. In that respect, it may not be the calibre of player we would hope for on a permanent basis but a short term contract for a free agent who can do us a job - a midfield version of Baird would be ideal. 

Archived