January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Papahet said:

George Friend.

Ditch Foz and Ollson 

Middlesbrough fans would give George Friend away for nothing currently as they say he is finished- they are regularly playing a right footed right back at left back in preference to him.

29 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Middlesbrough fans would give George Friend away for nothing currently as they say he is finished- they are regularly playing a right footed right back at left back in preference to him.

I would still take him over anything we have at left back He's only struggling because he's coming back from injury He was being talked aboutfor England 12 mths ago 

4 hours ago, Mistaram said:

I would still take him over anything we have at left back He's only struggling because he's coming back from injury He was being talked aboutfor England 12 mths ago 

Isn't Forsyth just back from injury? The guy's had 2 terrible injuries, played 3 games last season and barely a dozen this season so shouldn't he be given time to find his form before being discarded? I've always thought, probably more than any other player on the books, that Forsyth is a 'confidence' player who when he's on top of his game is one of the best LBs' in the Championship. Yes he's struggling at the moment and maybe a short rest from the team might help but let's not be so quick to criticise.

On 11/24/2017 at 17:34, Dimmu said:

Bradley Dack deserves a change in Championship... Last 9 games Blackburn has scored 14 goals and he has been involved in 11 of those. Not bad for a midfielder.  He has made steady progress so far.

I've seen Dack loads of times at Gillingham before his transfer and beleive that league 1 is the highest he can play at...he is certainly no better than BJ

I know I've mentioned this before but I would like to see the turkish player Ozthumer given a crack with us...i've seen him play several times and he was easily the best player on the pitch each time, very skilful and although he is small is surprisingly strong and scores goals 23 apps with 9 goals from cm this season...worth a punt i reckon :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Isn't Forsyth just back from injury? The guy's had 2 terrible injuries, played 3 games last season and barely a dozen this season so shouldn't he be given time to find his form before being discarded? I've always thought, probably more than any other player on the books, that Forsyth is a 'confidence' player who when he's on top of his game is one of the best LBs' in the Championship. Yes he's struggling at the moment and maybe a short rest from the team might help but let's not be so quick to criticise.

I never mentioned Fozzy just that George Friend is better than any left back we have others mentioned Fozzy not me I certainly wouldn't criticise him he played really well at Boro did you here Downings name mentioned 

No incomings please. Try to shift up to half a dozen of:

• Roos (I'd always take him over Mitchell, but hes clearly not wanted)
  • Anya (Think he's not had a chance but he's also clearly not wanted so get rid)
  • Shackell/Pearce (No point having both. If someone will buy one, let them go)
  • Olsson (Rowett has chosen Fozzy. Lowe should be the better player. Baird or Stabana can cover)
  • Bent (Given we have Vydra, Nugent, Martin, Winnell, Weimann, Russell, Bennett, Zanzala, Vernam) it would be good if Darren moved on for a last hurrah.
  • Butterfield (Not wanted and not spoken well since going on deal)
  • Blackman (Didnt work out - terrible signing. Bang in the goals for MTA and hopefully someone will snap him up in January)
  • Weimann/Russell (Neither is comfortable in the role they are asked to play. Neither scores enough goals. By having both they are blocking the route to the first team of players who might do better, I appreciate they both run around a lot and are probably good eggs, but... I'd like to see Thomas or Bennett given more of a chance. When everyone's fit I think Johnson will pay left and Lawrence right.

I should think only a couple will go, but if we can get the squad down to a more manageable size then it makes it easier for Rowett and helps the whole team bonding thing.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

• Anya (Think he's not had a chance but he's also clearly not wanted so get rid)
  • Olsson (Rowett has chosen Fozzy. Lowe should be the better player. Baird or Stabana can cover)
  • Bent (Given we have Vydra, Nugent, Martin, Winnell, Weimann, Russell, Bennett, Zanzala, Vernam) it would be good if Darren moved on for a last hurrah.
  • Blackman (Didnt work out - terrible signing. Bang in the goals for MTA and hopefully someone will snap him up in January)
  • Weimann/Russell (Neither is comfortable in the role they are asked to play. Neither scores enough goals. By having both they are blocking the route to the first team of players who might do better, I appreciate they both run around a lot and are probably good eggs, but... I'd like to see Thomas or Bennett given more of a chance. When everyone's fit I think Johnson will pay left and Lawrence right.

I should think only a couple will go, but if we can get the squad down to a more manageable size then it makes it easier for Rowett and helps the whole team bonding thing.

All very logical there Carl but like you said someone has to want them so it will be down to some contracts expiring mainly unless we accept cut price offers for some of them, into the pot are also Bryson and Thorne 

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Still think we need a Bryson-type player with legs, energy and creativity to improve our midfield......

5 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Don’t think we will now Ledley has signed.

Still think we're a midfielder short though. Huddlestone, Thorne and Ledley isn't enough to get through an entire Championship season. We have Johnson, but he's being used more on the left now.

18 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Kieftenbeld - We said we would honour the deal to bring him in. We'll see if Birmingham feel the same. He's a different type of midfielder than we have available.

We should start running through the signing process with him now then.

On 29/11/2017 at 23:50, Kamikaze said:

Wouldnt mind going for Kenji Gorre on Loan, 23 year old Swansea Left Winger, Ex Man Utd Youth scored against our under 23's this season and has 6 goals and 2 assists from 12 appearances this season.

Was poor at Northampton last year, sounds like he has stepped up about though.

Archived