January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sage said:

They are more DCM though one of those with energy isn't a disaster. Now we look to be keeping Ledley we won't sign another DCM

Do you not get the impression that Rowett prefers Johnson outside of DM? He's played him as LM and AM fairly recently, more often than he's played him at DM. 

I'd rather we moved on from Johnson at DM anyway, he has the physicality but he's not someone I trust with the ball in our own half. With Anya and hopefully Weimann being shown the door, I'd expect Johnson to become more of a LM. Rowett seems to trust him there away from home.

I don't really agree with signing up Ledley long term for lots of reasons but it looks like we're doing it anyway. I look at Huddlestone, Thorne and Ledley as our DM's and don't see a pairing in there that really brings the best out of any of them. Add in someone like Ryan Wood and that changes, that's why I'd say bring an energetic DM in.

7 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Do you not get the impression that Rowett prefers Johnson outside of DM? He's played him as LM and AM fairly recently, more often than he's played him at DM. 

I'd rather we moved on from Johnson at DM anyway, he has the physicality but he's not someone I trust with the ball in our own half. With Anya and hopefully Weimann being shown the door, I'd expect Johnson to become more of a LM. Rowett seems to trust him there away from home.

I don't really agree with signing up Ledley long term for lots of reasons but it looks like we're doing it anyway. I look at Huddlestone, Thorne and Ledley as our DM's and don't see a pairing in there that really brings the best out of any of them. Add in someone like Ryan Wood and that changes, that's why I'd say bring an energetic DM in.

I would entirely agree with that. Johnson gives the ball away too much and is a LM or AM in tougher games until we can get more mobility in DCM and/or a proper ACM rather than a converted forward.

Whilst Lesley has improved matters I would agree that in the ling term its not a good match with Huddlestone or Thorne 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 14:54, Mr Giggles said:

don't see as to why we would need Ings, yes he is a quality player but is he really what we need at the minute?

Just thinking on the wage expenses as well. 

Ings is a cut above any of our current strikers. Could be the difference in us getting in the play offs....can't see it happening mind.

On 26/11/2017 at 11:53, needles said:

Anyone who braved Grimsby away in the League cup (the one that finished) probably remembers the Dembele kid who played on the wing for them. Got some skill. Just a thought.

http://www.skysports.com/football/barnet-vs-grimsby/374295

Yes I went to both Grimsby matches and Dembele was a real handful  Great runner and dribbler with the ball Could be worth a punt especially has we seem to have wasted money on McAlister 

On 26/11/2017 at 11:53, needles said:

Anyone who braved Grimsby away in the League cup (the one that finished) probably remembers the Dembele kid who played on the wing for them. Got some skill. Just a thought.

http://www.skysports.com/football/barnet-vs-grimsby/374295

Listened to it and remember Ramage suggesting we should go in for him pretty much all game.

Archived