January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I mean in the positions specified later

I don't have a list, my thoughts have only gone as far as identifying areas I feel our squad could do with strengthening.

Again we would be foolish not to look what we have already at the club, our U23's are 6th in the PL2 above the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs.

Even the U18s are doing great things in the PL, level on points with Liverpool, Everton and a point behind Man City and United.

Each year we see suggestions of kids from the big clubs, yet we're right up there with them!

All this talk of having a great academy is just that, talk up to now, it's time we started seeing products roll off the conveyor belt that we can use before reaching for the cheque book. 

You look down the road at Forest, a number of players have come through to the first team, these players were only given a chance because they had no choice, one unintended positive to come from Fawaz's tenure. 

Whilst a fancy £10m superstar winger would excite me, I'm more than willing to give our own a chance, a couple of sensible transfer windows wouldn't be a bad thing after recent seasons.

20 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

how' about Peterborough United's Jack Marriott he has been banging them in for the he has scored something like 17 in the last 30 games might be worth a look 

Much rather have Maddison - youngish (24 but 120+ league games under his belt), scores goals, good free kicks and can play wide or as an attacking midfielder.

15 hours ago, David said:

If there is one thing this team needs, it's not another player that would be ineligible for the 18-30 holidays.

Nothing against Friend as a player, under different circumstances would be a great shout, but we have too many players in the golden years, right now we need some younger, fresher legs that we can build a team around going forward.

Got to agree with you on that but,technically,I think Friend still has one holiday in him before October of next year!??

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

So if we bring in a midfielder who do we drop? Personally think a wide player who can score is required. We can't rely on Vydra s goals all the time.

i agree regarding not buying someone though. A loan would suffice if it doesn't cost much.

Ademola Lookman from Everton? I know he's featured in the Europa League and made the odd appearance in the prem, but maybe a little loan?

Pacy and can score goals

On 14/12/2017 at 10:06, Wolfie20 said:

Forsyth is more than adequate for the level we're currently at and given that he's still on the road back from horrendous injuries, it amazes me how quick some of our fans are to write off some of our players

Amen Brother! 

On 14/12/2017 at 15:23, Tomsmurph said:

The position that worries me most potentially is the lack of cover if Vydra were to get injured, yes Johnson could play there but I feel like we need someone who has a similar play style to Vydra

Charlie Vernam! :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Suggestions:

Marc Pugh, Charlie Mulgrew, Cathcart, Dibble (Andy) & Schlupp.

I'd like to see him in Derby shirt, great player!

League One is a totally wrong level for him, could and probably should be playing in Prem...

3 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

No to Charlie Mulgrew.  No pace and  cant defend. 

Plus he'll be 32 in a few months time. We have enough experience in the side - we now need to be looking at younger players with energy- preferably from our U23 squad.

Ozthumer from Walsall - cover for Vydra and very skilful....Kinkladze like:ph34r:....surprised no one has taken a punt on him yet from the championship.

11 Goals from Midfield this season and has impressed me each time I've seen him play 

It's boring, but I'm more interested in getting 2 or 3 out. Anya mainly as he's nowhere near it. We're probably a defender heavy, too. Bent off the wage bill?

Then a couple of lads out on loan. Guy? Zanzala? Thomas? Vernam?

If we get a fee in, I'd love to see it re-invested in a genuinely quick and aggressive big striker to run the channels like Nuge, but quicker. 

I'd take a top quality loan in an attacking area, otherwise, don't bugger about too much, and don't under any circumstances over-pay.

Archived