January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

3 hours ago, YouRams said:

If he continues like that he won't be at Sheff Utd long, unless they get promoted of course which based on the few times I've watched them this season you'd say they had as good a chance as any.

Yes your right only think Leeds are better than them The blades look a proper team out played Wednesday for long periods and without Sharp and Donaldson they look a good bet for playoffs 

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

? I'll try not to bite.......

But most of the SPL teams are league 2 quality at best, St Mirren are in the second tier of Scottish football. There are teams in the National League in England that are bigger and far better resourced than Championship teams in Scotland...

Ill disagree about the standard, but it doesn't mean to say there's no good players to be found and developed. 

Fair enough, let the club sign over inflated fees and wages for English based players and see where that gets us.

Theres been a few players in the summer that moved south to the championship for paltry fees, so we will see how they get on. Mallan, Lindsay, Souttar

Theres also been a few players who I thought were out of their depth playing in the lower reaches of the SPL who moved to championship clubs a few years ago and have since moved to bigger championship clubs. Watkins, Irvine, Fraser.

Dont get me wrong, for every success there will be a failure, but the failure will cost the club a lot less than a Blackman, Camera or Butterfield. 

:ph34r:watching the wednesday v leeds game, and i have to say, this Barry bannan looks a good talent. good on and off the ball...

Wouldnt mind testing the waters in january to see if we can sneak a bid in... reminds me a bit (dont hate) of jamie ward. I liked bannan when he came here on loan. would do a good job for us on that left hand side

:ph34r: :ph34r: 

38 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

:ph34r:watching the wednesday v leeds game, and i have to say, this Barry bannan looks a good talent. good on and off the ball...

Wouldnt mind testing the waters in january to see if we can sneak a bid in... reminds me a bit (dont hate) of jamie ward. I liked bannan when he came here on loan. would do a good job for us on that left hand side

He was gash when we had him imo.

1 hour ago, muzzamurray said:

I think Leeds were dreadful which was a surprise 

40 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

rob holding on loan? bump a CB off and bring him in? would be smart business IMO

Great idea but considering he started for arsenal at the weekend over their club captain i would fancy he will remain there for the foreseeable. 

On 01/10/2017 at 14:08, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

He was gash when we had him imo.

That's because he hadn't physically developed then the same with Tom Carroll  Bannon is a very good player now proper midfielder who can control a game we used to have one of them and sold him 

On 10/1/2017 at 13:30, muzzamurray said:

There's a much better idea in there IMO

I'd have Wardy back in a heartbeat - When we let him go we didn't have the money to support a player who would only play half the games in a season - We needed 4 wingers who would be there week in week out - Now we probably could and he gives you 'something different' to the other guys we have...

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2017 at 07:41, AmericanRam said:

Kellyn Acosta

Very good American defensive midfielder that is ready for a move to Europe.

I would agree with this. Is just the kind of CM we need. Loads of pace plus he has decent all round abilities re passing, tackling, shooting.

On 04/10/2017 at 07:41, AmericanRam said:

Kellyn Acosta

Very good American defensive midfielder that is ready for a move to Europe.

Unless he’s played 75% of the last 2 years of internationals, or has an Irish Granny, there’s no way a work permit would be awarded.

Unless Man Utd wanted him, then mitigating circumstances would be found.

On 17/10/2017 at 14:53, Carl Sagan said:

Strategicallly, we could be looking at players (maybe on loan) in and around their national teams who are going to Russia next summer. These players will be desperate to be playing well and regularly to get a seat on the plane.

Great shout. I've always liked the idea of having a few players with something to prove, it's another type of motivation that isn't necessarily linked to morale, confidence or form.

At a slight tangent, just remembering that feeling of having Asanovic signed up before a major tournament and then watching this classy player we owned  who afterwards would probably have earned a much bigger move if he'd held on.

Archived