Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

I really hope Cardiff sign him instead! Although to be fair is he really any worse than the other non prolific UNITS we have had in the past? aka the Leon Best's, Callum Ball, Liam Dickinson, and Connor Sammon's of the world...

Have you seen Cameron Jeromes goal scoring record in the championship compared to Callum Ball, Liam Dickinson etc?

Callum Ball and dicko would grace the lists of worst strikers to have graced this division, Jerome would be up there as one of the better ones.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bent (34) is to leave and Jerome(32) replaces him then it’s not a real problem imo.If we go up we get approximately £120-£150 million revenue and we’d be looking for bigger and better signings anyway.A short term contract for Jerome ,a powerful runner ,funded by Bent’s wages isn’t that big a deal.If Rowett wants him,that’s good enough for me.After all he hasn’t done too badly despite the whingers and doom merchants that were frantically calling for his sacking earlier this season.The same “experts” who wrote off Vydra,who crucified Keogh and slated Baird,Huddlestone etc .Our league position would appear to indicate the manager knows what he’s doing!?

9 hours ago, David said:

He does know where the net is in this league, 16 last season and 18 in the season they went up (14/15), hasn't set the Premier League alight which is no surprise given the rumoured fee. Does score goals though.

@David don't spoil dramatic angst with facts. 

Norwich are desperate to get premiership wages off their books but this looks for all the world as setting up for a Bent departure and maybe a Martin one as well _ Jerome is a workhorse type to me which can be fine at times but we will see if we sign him, Cardiff would probably be a better destination for him if he wants to play every week and it would be a return to his first club.

To be honest it makes sense to me as a short term option to get us up to the Premier League, hopefully this season but if not then next.  Experienced at this level, offers pace and power to get behind the defence and also an option to hold the ball up.  Ideally we'd go for a younger option but you would either have to splash the cash (that we haven't got due to FFP) or take a punt on an unproven striker. Suspect both Martin and Bent may leave this window therefore would give us Nugent, Winnall and Jerome as options for the striker role.  Go up and I suspect we'd invest £10 -£20m on at least 1 high quality option that offers the pace and power to fit GR's system. I'm sure we're also looking at a high quality loan option as an alternative if available but doubt they'd be happy to come and sit on our bench whereas Jerome would probably come as an impact player but trying to prove himself and secure a starting position adding to the healthy competition without causing disruption amongst the squad.

I'm not excited at all about this.

However I do accept that Gary Rowett could quite easily sit me on his knee, stroke my hair and quietly explain to me what he's trying to achieve and how Cameron Jerome has exactly the correct set of skills to help him. And I'm sure that I'll gladly accept that he's looked into it more than me and I'll be 100% on board.

So Cameron, if you're coming, welcome to The Rams!

Archived