Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

The thought of this madness me wonder how much control Rowett has?

I'd like to imagine he has total control over new signings  however we have been linked to Jerome under previous mangers.  In that time he has not got any better, yet we are still. linked.

I'd hope that we don't sign players who continuously fail to impress, and  whose best days are behind them. 

I'd Jerome is considered as a replacement for an outgoing Martin I. think we are better placed with what we already have. 

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It’s a fair point but hopefully you see mine.

All well and good if we reach the promised land of the Premier League. But if we don’t...

I do.

Not a striker I would have gone for personally, but January 2017 a David Nugent signed, same age and quite a few wasn't impressed then either.

£1.5m isn't mega money these days, not a fee worth getting my knickers in a twist over, if he grabs us a few goals and takes us up, will go down as a bag of nuts. We don't, it's not a fee that would send the bailiffs round. 

I think at this point Rowett has proven he knows a thing or two, if it happens let's go with it and see, would have preferred a younger player of course but this isn't the window to go making big signings as you tend to pay way over the odds. 

13 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

The thought of this madness me wonder how much control Rowett has?

I'd like to imagine he has total control over new signings  however we have been linked to Jerome under previous mangers.

Have we? Searched this forum and double checked Google couldn't find anything other than the summer

He’s a player that has played at Prem and upper championship level and is a strong mobile striker.

He’s technically not as good as Martin, but he fits our system much better.

He’d be a slightly different option and would be an effective signing, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

He’s a player that has played at Prem and upper championship level and is a strong mobile striker.

He’s technically not as good as Martin, but he fits our system much better.

He’d be a slightly different option and would be an effective signing, in my opinion.

Is he still mobile? Norwich-supporting mates of mine don’t seem to think so. 

The bloke was behind Marley Watkins in the pecking order when fit. I’m just not convinced he’s good enough, regardless of age. 

I agree that this is a player who doesn't fill me with excitement, but some of the comments about the fee are as if we were still in the  days of 'Barker type fees'.  £1.5m is, sad to say, chicken feed these days and even in this division is not unusual for a squad player.  Maybe GR just feels there is a niche that needs filling for certain situations and this player  fits the bill.  Doubt we'll build the team around him or be anybody who starts many games.  But now and again you just need a big lump to come on and put themselves about a bit.  

Buying somebody for this type of fee (whether it comes off or not) should not necessarily be seen as  a major risk or major influence otn the team, but might just provide some extra options.  Still not too excited though, nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

A lot on here might be against Jerome coming but he can absolutely bully a defence. If i was a CB breathing out of my arse on the 60th minute, the last person I'd want to see come on is Cameron Jerome

I'm in th eno camp, but that's a personal opinion. If Gazza signs him then I'm right behind him and I hope you're right.

Appalled this has raised its head again. A poor ageing striker who doesn't score and has never ever impressed and all the Norwich fans think he's well past it. This would be a shocking waste of Mel's money and unnecessarily potentially disruptive regarding the squad.

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Appalled this has raised its head again. A poor ageing striker who doesn't score and has never ever impressed and all the Norwich fans think he's well past it. This would be a shocking waste of Mel's money and unnecessarily potentially disruptive regarding the squad.

He does know where the net is in this league, 16 last season and 18 in the season they went up (14/15), hasn't set the Premier League alight which is no surprise given the rumoured fee. Does score goals though.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Appalled :lol:   Don’t be so melodramatic Carl.  What do you know/think about Jerome that suggests he could be potentially disruptive? Can’t say he gets my juices flowing, but he has always been a steady goal scorer and a 110% trier.  Even if he doesn’t score too many goals l can imagine him creating lots of space for Vydra, Lawrence, Weimann and Russell to exploit. 

Archived